586,221 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Electrical Help! - Robodrill t10@ with 16M

Electrical Help! - Robodrill t10@ with 16M

Hello everyone. I am searching for someone to point me in the right direction. I have a problem that, somehow has seemed to get worse and worse. It started out with a 414 alarm on all 3 axis. The machine would start up fine, then after about a minute, the 414 alarm would go off and the codes on the servo amp and servo unit would go from (0) and (0) to (-) and (5). Soon after this, when I would restart the machine, the actual main switch/breaker where I tun the machine on at the side - it would just kick off as soon as I would try to turn on the control. Now, rather than kicking off, it is actually just blowing the F2 fuse every time I try and turn on the controller. Anyone have any clue what could possibly be happening here? I've done my best to check all connections for shorts, etc and I don't see anything obvious. I am really not sure where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Oh, one other note - we are running off a phase converter. The machine has run fine for a handful of years now with this setup, but I do notice that on one leg of power, I am getting around 240V rather than the 208 I get with the other 2 - is this common?

PLEASE HELP before I go insane

Re: Electrical Help! - Robodrill t10@ with 16M

The (5) is a DC low voltage. Which normally means incoming power to the PSM is not good, or the PSM is damaged. Disconnect the incoming voltage at the power supply, and see if you still get the main breaker tripping or the fuse blowing. What voltage is F2 for? (AC or DC?)

Looks like you have a "delta" set up with a wild leg. Those voltages should be fine.

Thank you for your input! I think we have narrowed it down to something with the PSU at this point...It is currently out and being checked out by a local CNC electronics guy. F2 is a 7.5A Fuse (AC?). Any idea what might cause low DC voltage? Still unsure what is really going on here...but hoping it is something silly on the PSU board and this guy can fix it.

The PSM has a capacitor on it that has to charge and hold 300Vdc on the bus across all the drives. If that capacitor is damaged, or the circuitry for the DC bus is damaged, it can't hold the charge or doesn't charge fast enough and throws that alarm.