586,077 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A question about CNCdrive as a company

I would like to know if CNCdrive is a real company or just an internet presence? Meaning is this more of a second job/evening type of business or a "real" 8 to 5 company?

Just wanting to know as their response to some of my inquiries is somewhat slow or just plain ignored.

Thanks

I tired to buy the UCcnc software to have a look at it in a simulation mode as I have read some great things about it and it seems a very straight forward solution and much less complicated than Mach or LinuxCNC.
    And that they write the software for controlling their own boards is a big plus to me.

Couple that with the fact they are in the EU it makes it much easier to do business with them here in Germany.

Re: A question about CNCdrive as a company

Buying a software license does nothing if you don't have the hardware, as the software only runs in demo mode if it does not detect the hardware.

I don't think they could do everything they do as a part time job.

Whenever I've asked question, I've always received prompt replies. Perhaps there's an email issue?
    Try asking questions on their forum. forum.cncdrive.com ? Index page
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Buying a software license does nothing if you don't have the hardware, as the software only runs in demo mode if it does not detect the hardware.

I don't think they could do everything they do as a part time job.

Whenever I've asked question, I've always received prompt replies. Perhaps there's an email issue?
    Try asking questions on their forum. forum.cncdrive.com ? Index page
    I didn't want to try and run a machine with the software just have a look at the software and set up screens and such. Which I accomplished when I downloaded their newest version and opened it in demo mode.

Hi BlackForest, Gruess Gott.

I suffered the same problem as you, they did never answer our emails, even that we bought 2 systems from them and had some issues, we had never been attended by this fellows.

Then as I posted this in the CNCzone forum we started to receive attacks and agressive responses from an employee of CNCsystems called Vmax.... Very agressive and out of controll.

This was the reason I decided to let them go and looked at other products in the market.

This crazy attituted never happend to me with Mach3 products, all people in the CNCzone and Art &Co. were most helpfull and willing to help.

You see the stupidness of this company, they do not answer to customers in the CNCzone forum, and opened a new forum (they did not have this optiion as I bought from
    them last year)< and now even this own forum is out of the air !

crazy people.

By the way If I can be of help to you in any sense , you can contact me any time !
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    I didn't want to try and run a machine with the software just have a look at the software and set up screens and such. Which I accomplished when I downloaded their newest version and opened it in demo mode.

They have answered my emails. The answers were good and pertinent. My question on here was not a complaint . I was just seeking information.

I have purchased 3 motion controllers from them along with the software licences. The service has always been very good, polite and efficient.
    I do understand that the possibility of lost emails can cause frustration to some people, but believe me, none of us are quite as "crazy" as dontpanic would like you to think..:-)
    Mark

HIYA Don'tpanic Still at it I see.

I do not work for UCdrives (;-)

(;-) TP

CNCdrive (UCCNC) have always responded to my emails within a couple of days and are very responsive to customer needs/requests unlike aloof ArtSoft. UCCNC software is light years ahead of the disastrous, problem ridden Mach 4. The people on the UCCNC forum are always helpful. Sounds like Don'tpanic needs better things to focus on....

They always answer to my emails fast and accurate and by the way they make the best motion controllers i used so far.

I would like to know if CNCdrive is a real company or just an internet presence? Meaning is this more of a second job/evening type of business or a "real" 8 to 5 company?
    CNC Drive is a real company, with a real design and manufacturing, not just a company selling and marketing products others made. It is a small company run not part time as a hobby, or full time as in office hours, but more than full time, some times I think H24/7. This is always the case for small companies and family businesses, everybody with experience knows that. Balázs is not checking out at 4:30PM and checking in at 7AM the next day, he is working quite a bit more than that. I don't know him personally so don't misunderstand me, but I know that this is the case. The company started in 1999, so it is not a just an Internet phenomenon which comes and goes. Of course, since I am not part of the company, I have no idea for how long he will be able to run the company, but never the less, for now it is an established, fully functional company, a small family business, or a company run by a small bunch of people, perhaps close friends to Balázs.

I don't know where they actually do the manufacturing, I am guessing that he is not actually making the motion controllers because those are machine made, extremely complex 4 layer PC boards and you would need very high volume to be able to finance the machines needed to actually manufacture those, so it seems that those are made by another company, which is almost always the case for PC boards today. Not many people solder manually today, and the machines required are far too expensive to buy, so there is a need for VERY high volume to finance those, so that's not realistic for small companies. The same must be true for the motors he is making. But... just because the PC cards or the motors are made by another company when it comes to manufacturing, he can still claim that those are made by CNC Drive because only the mass production is done by another lego company, which is pretty normal. Never the less, the items are developed, tested by CNC Drive and distributed from Hungary. As far as I know, he has a small shop where they install all the machine they are also selling and where they are doing the actual work, development, testing, prototype making and so on. But no, it is not ABB or Mitsubishi, just a small company.

CNCdrive - motion controls

They have a real address, but my guess is that the address is not where the shop is but where the office is. Balázs is very keen on answering each mail but he is human as well, so he may and may not want to answer if the tone is not civilized. He has also a lot to do so he may not have time to send the polite, automatic replies like some other companies answer with, many saying nothing and not even understanding the problem or the question. This is not the case with CNC Drive because it is obvious that he knows what he is selling, doing and talking about. On the other hand, be aware of the fact that he is Hungarian, so his English may not be as good as yours, but as far as I can judge, it is much more than "good enough". Though I speak some Hungarian I communicate in English with him because it is easier and because his English is better than my Hungarian.

Just wanting to know as their response to some of my inquiries is somewhat slow or just plain ignored.
    I don't know what the definition of "slow" is, they can be busy and not having time, or perhaps the questions you were asking needed some investigations, or plain impossible to answer. My experience is that he is pretty fast, but perhaps occasionally he needs to be sent a following reminder or additional information, or more questions. In my opinion he is fast in answering and the answers are relevant, understandable and not just some fancy words but facts clearly showing that he knows the subject and takes the questions seriously. Perhaps you should post your inquiries here on this forum, or register on CNC Drive forum and post them there. Over there he is giving active support, here you can get answers from users only, he is not very active here any more because of all the flame attacks.

I tired to buy the UCcnc software to have a look at it in a simulation mode as I have read some great things about it and it seems a very straight forward solution and much less complicated than Mach or LinuxCNC.
    And that they write the software for controlling their own boards is a big plus to me.
    You don't have to buy the UCCNC if you only want to use it in simulation mode. The license is only needed if you want to run a motion controller card with it. I have just recently bought the UC300ETH and with it came a license also. The UC300ETH allows me to reach speeds that I couldn't ever get with my UC300USB before and it also offers opportunities which are not possible with an USB motion card, so I am pretty happy with it. I think that UCCNC is a very good alternative to Mach3 at a fraction of the price, but it does not have everything Mach3 has. I don't have much experience with UCCNC but it has some features which does not exist or does not work in Mach3, so both have some advantages and disadvantages. Speed wise there is no difference, at least on my machine I can't see any difference. I am happy with the decision of buying the UC300ETH and my decision was based on the fact that I was happy with the UC300USB as well, so I trusted CNC Drive once again and bought the UC300ETH. No regrets so far.

LinuxCNC is something I tested a few years ago but lost interest in it. It is free, so price wise it is the best.

Couple that with the fact they are in the EU it makes it much easier to do business with them here in Germany.
    Yes, in many ways that is an advantage. My orders were always handled promptly, fast and came with a proper invoice. Delivery takes a few days and the prices are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post

You see the stupidness of this company, they do not answer to customers in the CNCzone forum, and opened a new forum (they did not have this optiion as I bought from
    This is not really the correct description of the situation... The forum on CNC Drive is pretty much alive and well. It was down for a day due to an attack or crash or something like that, but that can happen to anyone and even major government functions or large company servers can be out for a while occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Hi BlackForest, Gruess Gott.

I suffered the same problem as you, they did never answer our emails, even that we bought 2 systems from them and had some issues, we had never been attended by this fellows.

Then as I posted this in the CNCzone forum we started to receive attacks and agressive responses from an employee of CNCsystems called Vmax.... Very agressive and out of controll.

This was the reason I decided to let them go and looked at other products in the market.

This crazy attituted never happend to me with Mach3 products, all people in the CNCzone and Art &Co. were most helpfull and willing to help.

crazy people.

By the way If I can be of help to you in any sense , you can contact me any time !

For Gods sake.

The more you speak the more obvious it is YOU must be the source of all the "problems" you supposedly have with CNCdrive. I calmly and clearly explained to you in the last thread where you made all these claims that Terry (Vmax) is NOT an employee of CNCdrive. Others also told you but still you keep spouting BS and telling lies that he is an employee. Calm and diplomacy just don't work with you. You talk about stupidity of Cncdrive yet you display plenty of that. Please just go away and find some other forum where you can conjure up some more lies and untrue complaints.

Go over to the CNCdrive forum and look at the activity there. Look at the response from CNCdrive to questions. Look at bug fixes, implementation of suggested features, etc. The proof is all there for anyone to see. I'm fairly sure I said that to you last time but that could take some strength away from your claims so I'm guessing that would be the last thing you'd do.

I'm personally very excited that we are lucky enough to have this new kid on the block (CNCdrive). Mach3 is old, buggy, outdated, and definitely not supported. It definitely is not having new features added based on customer feedback and suggestions. The Cncdrive forum clearly shows how active and hardworking the developers are. What if they are small at the moment, big deal, every company starts somewhere. Given time and support (the opposite of what you do) I think Cncdrive is going to get bigger and better, and that is good for all of us.

So do us all a favour and get a life, please.

Oh, I've just remembered something. At least 2 times that I can remember, Cncdrive have answered forum questions on a SUNDAY. Clearly they are showing a lot of commitment to their customers.

UCCNC website went down a couple of weeks ago becasue the company they use for web hosting had a server failure. A new server was installed and all the files had to be reloaded from backups. That takes time.

Apparently Dontpanic is disgruntle and his claims are totally unfounded so he feels the need to badmouth CNCdrives. Bottom line is.... nobody is forcing Dontpanic to buy UCCNC products. Stick with the unsupported and buggy Mach 3 or try your luck with the problematic Mach 4 at $200 a copy. I recommend if Don'tpanic keeps spewing lies that he is banned.

Hey CT63 it is not my fault that CNCdrives has so much troubles in life with internet !!

If you are the guy that likes making recommendations pls. tell Uccnc to find something new to do that does not deppend
    on internet communication with customers ! because they are so bad....

excuses and more excuses.... what excuses do you have for Uccnc software having so much bugs ?

(by the way, this thread was started by blackforest, not me)

Hey CT63 it is not my fault that CNCdrives has so much troubles in life with internet !!
    There website was down for 1-1/2 days, due to their hosting service.

what excuses do you have for Uccnc software having so much bugs ?
    What bugs?
    They've updated the software several times in the last 2 months. Many features have been added from requests by users. And several minor bugs were fixed within a week of being reported. There development pace is excellent, and they listen to their users needs. Not sure what more you could want.

When one person constantly complains about all of their bad experiences, and everyone else has had an excellent experience.......
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I think the the real problem is that UCCNC along with Mach4 cannot be used to RUN a machine without payment for the license and in UCCNC's case the license is restricted to teh registered devices.

AS IT SHOULD BE , (;-) TP

Dontpanic leave it alone. I wrote on here they did in fact come back to me and answered many questions and volunteered some very good suggestions which would save me a lot of time and money. As I stated I just wanted to know if they were a real company and found out they are so case closed.

On Monday I will order several products from them and have a go. The fact that they own and write the software that runs on their controllers is a big huge plus. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I need simple and works and if it doesn't work know that the company is responsive which according to many and their forum they are so all is good.