First let me say thanks to all who have contributed information on these machines because without you guys I would have been totally in the dark on the parts supply problems when it came time to make repairs.

Machine has the usual DX32 controls but I'm not sure if the computer is a CIB yet, will know more when I see it. Supposedly it's in perfect functioning condition, includes tool changer, has latest "update", has been regularly maintained by a professional and needed very few parts replaced over the years. I don't have a lot to spend and this will be going in my garage for very low production and prototyping. I am pretty good with computer builds but the 486 stuff was about 8-10 years before my experience starts although I can probably swing it with some research. Few questions though.

I'm told it will fit my 6.8 - 6.9ft garage door(6.9 if I remove trim). I have seen others clear 7 foot doors but wanted to see if anyone has tips on one this low?

What would be the smallest rotary phase change capable of powering this machine and is it possible to wire it to run off of single phase? I will probably end up having to do a sub panel either way so if it's possible to save some money up front I can always go with a higher current breaker and plan on moving to 3 phase later on.

My backup machine would likely be a Milltronics Partner 1 which like the Bridgeport isn't the most sturdy mill out there but the linear rails would likely offer the precision in 6061 I am hoping to achieve. Speed isn't a major concern. Final option is to wait around for a decent deal on a Tormach PCNC 1100 but even used we are talking almost twice the price...if I can get to it before someone else does. I'm coming from a 1,200lb PM45 CNC Mill so really the Tormach is in the same category but probably much more suited for precision machining when compared to a clone of a clone Chinese converted mill.

Thanks!