586,113 active members*
3,195 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 17 of 29 7151617181927

Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by messages4alex View Post
    So the default is not completely setup. I just set the drives and the spindle to work. Then installed the 2017 screens following the directions...
    From there I set up everything else.

I just wanted to prove that the default software out of the box saw the drives and spindle.

Maybe someone can tell me where the Default and the 2017 differ to not turn on the spindle with M3

Thanks
    Looking at both .pro files HYPlugin settings are there. But looking in the Spindle in .pro file. in the "Plugin_call Startup" and "Plugins_Enabled" sections in the pro file the hyplugin is missing. have no clue why but this could certainly be causing you your problems,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Looking at both .pro files HYPlugin settings are there. But looking in the Spindle in .pro file. in the "Plugin_call Startup" and "Plugins_Enabled" sections in the pro file the hyplugin is missing. have no clue why but this could certainly be causing you your problems,

Dan
    huh..weird...

I added it in, Nothing.

So I looked at the [Spindle Setup Settings] in there, and copied the all the settings from the default, as these settings obviously work in Default, but still no joy.

And yes there is a M3.txt file in the C:\UCCNC\Profiles\Macro_SPINDLE-IN\ folder

[Spindlesetupsettings]
    IsSpindleinPWMMode=True
    SpindlePWMoutpin=0
    SpindlePWMoutpinnegate=False
    SpindlePWMdirpin=0
    SpindlePWMdirpinnegate=False
    SpindlePWMfrequency=400
    SpindlePWMminpercent=0
    SpindlePWMmaxpercent=100
    Spindlesteppin=0
    Spindlesteppinnegate=False
    Spindledirpin=0
    Spindledirpinnegate=False
    Spindlestepsperunit=500
    Spindleacceleration=200
    Spindleminvelocity=6000
    Spindlemaxvelocity=24000
    Spindlerelaysenabled=False
    M3relaypin=0
    M3relaypinnegate=False
    M4relaypin=0
    M4relaypinnegate=False
    M3ondelay=1000
    M3offdelay=1000
    M4ondelay=1000
    M4offdelay=1000
    Floodmistrelaysenabled=True
    M7relaypin=16
    M7relaypinnegate=True
    M8relaypin=0
    M8relaypinnegate=False
    M7ondelay=1000
    M8ondelay=1000
    M9delay=0
    SpindlePWMoutport=0
    SpindlePWMdirport=0
    Spindlestepport=0
    Spindledirport=0
    M3relayport=0
    M4relayport=0
    M7relayport=1
    M8relayport=0
    EncoderApin=0
    EncoderAport=0
    EncoderBpin=0
    EncoderBport=0
    Encoderreversedirection=False
    EncoderPPR=400
    Pulleyratio1=1
    Pulleyminvel1=1

Hi Messages4alex,

I don't know how you are trying to save your profiles when installing new versions of UCCNC or what's causing this, but this is certainly where your problem is and hopefully you could figure out what your doing wrong or just delete the *Spindle In" profile and create new.

Below is a picture of your 2 posted .pro files. The one left is default and HYPLUGIN is working and the other on right is .pro file that the HYPLUGIN isn't working, The profile on right clearly shows the HYPLUGIN.dll is missing.

Attachment 363760

Dan

Hi Dan,

today, the spindle kept spinning on the end of the job, the button M3 button indicated off, as it should. Toggling it on and off switched the spindle off.
    I guess, chance this can happen is about 1% or less, I have seen it once before.
    You do sent commands several times at spindle start, right? Is this also the case after switching off?
    To make sure the spindle works at the beginning of a job, I manually start it, for now.
    I'm using UCCNC 1.2037, HY10, Windows 10, and original USB-RS485 converter, using shielded twisted pair, not too long in length.
    I'm very satisfied with your plugin!

Kind regards,
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBerkhout View Post
    Hi Dan,

today, the spindle kept spinning on the end of the job, the button M3 button indicated off, as it should. Toggling it on and off switched the spindle off.
    I guess, chance this can happen is about 1% or less, I have seen it once before.
    You do sent commands several times at spindle start, right? Is this also the case after switching off?
    To make sure the spindle works at the beginning of a job, I manually start it, for now.
    I'm using UCCNC 1.2037, HY10, Windows 10, and original USB-RS485 converter, using shielded twisted pair, not too long in length.
    I'm very satisfied with your plugin!

Kind regards,
    Jack.
    Holy Moly... Thanks Jack you just reminded me of my mistake and cannot believe I did it again! When I released HY10 I and removed the connection window it also disabled the error checking. "If no reply from VFD send command again"

This was reported to me once before and debugged and found it can only happen when using Amp read. If a command is sent in the 500ms wait time of Amp read the command could be missed. I fixed and implemented in the ModbusEZ pluginand forgot to implement in the new release HY11.

Shortly I will be putting out a revised Version but you will need to update UCCNC to 1.2039 to use. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Dan

Hi Dan,

you are welcome!
    It appears like UCCNC 1.2039 isn't officially released, I installed it without overwriting macros, and all still works.
    Only my Amps field is gone and Sact isn't updated, but there's a new small indication of the overrides. I may add the Amps field later again.
    So if you like me to test it, let me know.

Jack.

Hi Dan,

you are welcome!
    It appears like UCCNC 1.2039 isn't officially released, I installed it without overwriting macros, and all still works.
    Only my Amps field is gone and Sact isn't updated, but there's a new small indication of the overrides. I may add the Amps field later again.
    So if you like me to test it, let me know.

Jack.
    Just Change Sact label number to 2451 to have like before.

Yes, HY10 and older HY versions will work with the newer UCCNC versions 1.2038 and 1.2039, but HY12 will only work with UCCNC versions 1.2038 and 1.2039 . I do highly recommend UCCNC 1.2039 with this new HY12 plugin. Mainly for problem you just had and won't with HY12.

Here you go fresh out of VS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HY12.rar.zip

Hi Dan,

super, that's quick! And it works!
    I tested shortly with low RPM, because it's midnight here, I can't make too much noise next room from the bedroom.
    Now I know it will never fail for sure!
    Again thank you very much!
    I changed the Sact field and it works too.

Jack.

Hi Dan,

super, that's quick! And it works!
    I tested shortly with low RPM, because it's midnight here, I can't make too much noise next room from the bedroom.
    Now I know it will never fail for sure!
    Again thank you very much!
    I will change the Sact field now...

Jack.
    I knew what had to be done, just kept forgetting to do it...lol Thank You Jack, and everyone who uses this plugin owes you a thank you. With your help finding bugs and testing helps the development of this plugin advance very quickly to it's peak performance.

Dan

Critical Update!

It's been reported that when using the Amp read feature in plugin it's possible for a new command to get stepped on and missed. I consider this a critical update for anyone using this plugin and strongly suggest to updating to the new version HY12 that can be downloaded below.

HY12 will ONLY work with the new UCCNC versions 1.2038 and up, a link for UCCNC newest version 1.2039 can be found on post# 310 of this thread.

Download HY12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Attachment 363852

Re: Critical Update!

Hi Dan,
    thanks for your great work!
    In your previous post this was also version HY12, is it the same or has something updated?
    Jack.

It appears like UCCNC 1.2039 isn't officially released
    Hi,

I'm sure that all other (higher) versions than the one available via the official UCCNC download link are just test versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    Hi,

I'm sure that all other (higher) versions than the one available via the official UCCNC download link are just test versions.
    Beta versions would be a more appropriate term.
    These are versions with new features added.
    They are posted on their user forum for testing, to make sure there are no bugs before they make them official releases.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Critical Update!

Hi Dan,
    thanks for your great work!
    In your previous post this was also version HY12, is it the same or has something updated?
    Jack.
    Yes it's the same. Sorry for delayed response.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Beta versions would be a more appropriate term.
    These are versions with new features added.
    They are posted on their user forum for testing, to make sure there are no bugs before they make them official releases.
    Beta release is just a different term for test release, with the only difference that the testers are unpaid by the company. It actually doesn't matter what UCCNC calls a release. I actually don't know what the difference is between an official release and a test release, other than I think that a release is considered official when they feel that they have done enough testing and user are not reporting any serious problems. To be fair, in my opinion UCCNC is a test/beta software since the number of releases are just too many, trying to satisfy every user request.

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    Hi,

Yes. And the official release is just the most tested release, so actually, even that is a test release.

To be fair, in my opinion UCCNC is a test/beta software since the number of releases are just too many, trying to satisfy every user request.
    There are a lot of test releases, but only 4-5 "official" releases per year.

So, you don't think that they should ad new features? Or just the ones that you want?

They can add whatever features they want, as long as they don't adversely affect existing features.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    To be fair, in my opinion UCCNC is a test/beta software since the number of releases are just too many, trying to satisfy every user request.
    In my opinion I don't think that's a fair statement at all. UCCNC is a Great Machine Control software and the fact that they respond quickly to there customers request is what's going to make users continually grow. The new test/beta releases are users choice to download and try after reading what's included.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    In my opinion I don't think that's a fair statement at all. UCCNC is a Great Machine Control software and the fact that they respond quickly to there customers request is what's going to make users continually grow. The new test/beta releases are users choice to download and try after reading what's included.

Dan
    What exactly is not fair...? I never said it was not a great software or that it is not good that they give a good support. ...but some times I think they respond far too fast and release far too many test releases, and that in the long run it is not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    There are a lot of test releases, but only 4-5 "official" releases per year.

So, you don't think that they should ad new features? Or just the ones that you want?

They can add whatever features they want, as long as they don't adversely affect existing features.
    Actually, I don't think I ever requested a feature.. :wave: ...or I don't remember. :nono:
    I did however pointed to some errors and those got fixed eventually.
    I am also NOT saying that they should not add new features at all. My world is not black and white. But yes, every "official" release is just a new beta, not what I call a NEW release, just the latest, best tested intermediate release before the next test release.

Page 17 of 29 7151617181927