Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
No problem Dan, I can live with this workaround. Your plugin is wonderful, it helps us UCCNC users a lot! :cheers:

A more serious problem ist that UCCNC (which I like very much) comes out with new releases every few weeks. So I always have to set it up again (axxis, spindle, general, IO, plugins etc.) while overwriting the config file with a fresh one is recommended by the setup procedure. Then, testing if plugins and stuff still work. If not, fallback to the previous working version via backup. I still will do this for a while, then I will stay with the current working state and leave it how it is. Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.
They come out with new releases with every few months only.
Maybe you talking about their beta/test releases posted on the forum, those are more frequent.
I did upgrade my machine a few times, never overwritten the profile and it always worked without issues.
You might misunderstood the setup instructions. it only says that profile overwrite is recommended when skipping a major version of the software, not always.
The instructions copied for you:

Migrating from version 1.0xxx to 1.1xxx, 1.0xxx to 1.2xxx or 1.1xxx to 1.2xxx

Using an older major-version machine profile with a newer major software version is not recommended, we advice to create a new machine profile with the new major-version release when starting the work with the new software version. Also because there are many differences between the different major-versions of the software we advice to first install the new version into a different folder on the computer keeping the old version alive until the new version will be setup and running.