586,058 active members*
4,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 + Kflop issue with A axis Help

I have a DIY built 4 axis CNC router running Mach3 with the 2010 Screen Set. I use Vectric Aspire CAM and have successfully used the Wrap feature for rotational machining with the A axis. I recently added a KFLOP motion controller to my machine and have worked through all the issues of getting it set up and working with Mach3 and the plug-in with X,Y,& Z motion but have run into an issue with the A axis. If I select a feed rate of 100 in/min the rotation is set to 100 deg/min. Rapids are working at max settings as expected. I am no expert with G code but I do know this is not how the A axis worked before the KFLOP board was added. and if I run the machine with KMotion CNC the A axis works as expected. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Re: Mach3 + Kflop issue with A axis Help

What do you think the rotation speed should be when you specify the feed rate of 100 units per minute?

Re: Mach3 + Kflop issue with A axis Help

I couldn't really say but it seams that the rotation is based on the center of the rotational axis and moves so slow it is burning the material. When cut with Mach3 without the motion control board, it moved faster and with more coordinated motion between X and A. Also if I cut with Kmotion CNC (the control software for Kmotion and Kflop boards) it acts more like Mach3 without the motion control. I don't know much about how these programs figure out surface speed for the work in a rotational axis but I do know this is not right.

I will be posting this issue in the Dynomotion forum with all the machine settings to see if Tom has any ideas. I do like Mach3 with the 2010 Screen Set. KmotionCNC is not quite as elegant of a GUI