586,108 active members*
3,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M19 orientation never stops

Hello,

I have a supermax max8 with a fanuc 15 control and when a M19 is commanded it will start spinning but never stops, then after a while an alarm is issued EX006 SP. ORI. LS17?

I looked for this LS17 and it turns out to be a magnetic sensor which uses a magnet attached to the sinpdle and the sensor in front. The problem is that there is no magnet. I looked over the parameters and the KEEPRL K8 at bit 0 has a 1 which says that it uses a magnetic sensor method of spindle orientation if there was a 0 it would be a mechanical method.

I have been told that when a M19 command is entered the sensor reads the first time the magnet passes by and then counts a defined number of cycles and then stops.
    Since it has no magnet I took a small magnet cylinder about half an inch diameter and half an inch tall and attached it to the spindle alignin it with the sensor and when I enter a M19 now I can see the leds flasshing on the small orientation board in the spindle drive, which by the way was not happening before BUT STILL the spindle never stops and I get the same alarm.
    Maybe I need the normal size magnet, I do not know at this point what else to try. By the way it does not seem like there was a magnet before, my guess is the las owner had to fix something on the spindle or had it remove, fix, change, etc and they never put the magnet on the new one

Looking at the ladder I have

ORICM ORIAR MGNORI MGORIS

--------!!-----------------!!---------------!!------------------------------------( )------- MAGNETIC ORIENTATION SIGNAL

Y003.4 X010.1 K008.0 R003.1

ORICM and MGNORI are turned on but ORIAR never turns on

Any pointers or ideas are very welcome

Thanks

jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Re: M19 orientation never stops

North and south poles matter on the old machines.. Turn the magnet.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk