586,096 active members*
3,569 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Panasonic Minas A4 - Reverse Motion Rotation / Direction

Panasonic Minas A4 - Reverse Motion Rotation / Direction

Hi,

I have Panasonic Servo Drive Model: MCDDT3520 And i would like to change the rotation/direction of the motor. Does anyone happen to know which parameter i should change to get this to happen?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Matthew

Re: Panasonic Minas A4 - Reverse Motion Rotation / Direction

You can reverse any two of the motors wires coming from the Panasonic Driver, and this will reverse the motor direction. Please make sure everything is completely turned off and unplugged before you switch two wires. The output from from the Driver is really simulated three phase power that is why when you reverse any two leads the motor will spin in the opposite direction. There are also other ways to do this if you are driving the Panasonic driver with something like MACH3 or other CNC type software.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    You can reverse any two of the motors wires coming from the Panasonic Driver, and this will reverse the motor direction. Please make sure everything is completely turned off and unplugged before you switch two wires. The output from from the Driver is really simulated three phase power that is why when you reverse any two leads the motor will spin in the opposite direction. There are also other ways to do this if you are driving the Panasonic driver with something like MACH3 or other CNC type software.

Russ
    You can NOT Reverse any 2 wire of an ac servo motor, to reverse the direction, this is bad information, the servos are reversed by setting a Parameter in the servo Drive, or in the control software that is being used
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Mutantmatt9000 View Post
    Hi,

I have Panasonic Servo Drive Model: MCDDT3520 And i would like to change the rotation/direction of the motor. Does anyone happen to know which parameter i should change to get this to happen?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Matthew
    Just make sure you have the U=Red wire V=White wire W=Black wire

What are you driving it with step/dir. or +/- 10v if your wiring is correct then just reverse what you are driving it with Step/Dir will be High or low, +/- 10v will be a positive or negative change

If you are using there free software to set them up, they have the control buttons for CW and CCW

Panasonic setup software will have buttons like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panasonic software control Buttons.PNG  
    Mactec54