586,117 active members*
3,444 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0M Spindle Orientation Error

Fanuc 0M Spindle Orientation Error

Good afternoon everyone,

I have an old Okuma-Howa Millac 45V with Fanuc 0M controller. Yesterday I ran into an error where the spindle will not orientate when in high gear but still works in low gear. This also affects rigid tapping. When tapping it attempts to sync the spindle and will oscilate/vibrate the spindle until it has found its position. This has taken upwards of 15 seconds. When it returns home and reads the M19 command I get a timeout error because it takes too long to find the proper spindle orientation. I've taken the sheet metal off around the spindle and noticed the sensor a 2 rings stacked on top of each other. 1 ring is full of teeth/notches and the other is smooth with only 1 notch.

I have no idea if this is a mechanical, electrical or parameter error. Has anyone else had a similar error and how did you fix it? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Re: Fanuc 0M Spindle Orientation Error

i think you have backlash in the high gear,you can open the gearbox and look inside,feel by hand if is any backlash between the gears.If it is working in low gear has nothing to do with the sensors.
    the wheel full of small teeth is for reading the speed and the other one is for orientation.