586,655 active members*
4,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > HDMI or Display Port on Tormach PathPilot Controller

HDMI or Display Port on Tormach PathPilot Controller

I am using PathPilot along with Tormach's controller. The setup info suggest connecting the video to the DVI or SVGA Ports. The controller also has HDMI and Display Port. Anyone tried connecting to these?

gary

Re: HDMI or Display Port on Tormach PathPilot Controller

PP is linux and most likely has a driver for the intended port but could work on another if like windows it will drive them all you just plug in the right cable.
    Why use different port?

Long story.

I am relocating the Tormach Manual Control Panel from the electrical cabinet to outside the full enclosure onto a panel enclosure attached to the front of the Tormach full enclosure. I have been printing wire ducts to route the panel wires, USB cables, power cables for monitor and video cable from the base PP compartment and the main electrical panel to the front panel enclosure.

To keep wires neat I want to use face mounted pass through sockets for USB and video cables. The socket I would like to use for video is HDMI, nice small package and the PP Controller has an HDMI output. The owners manual however says use SVGA or DVI. I will likely just use a DVI to HDMI bi-directional patch cable. These have given good results in the past.

Pictures when complete.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Honestly, there's no real difference between using a DVI to HDMI cable vs. using the HDMI port itself. So just go with the cable that adapts it so you have it hooked up the way Tormach wants. You can still use the HDMI face mounted pass through one way or the other.

Who knows why they want it that way. Could be validation and stability or could just be because the touch screen they sell is VGA/DVI. Either way, if you sticking with their computer and want their tech support just hook it up the way they want.