586,121 active members*
3,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torq Cut Cabinet Removal

Just curious, has anyone removed and reinstalled the enclosure on a Torq Cut? My thoughts are two fold, first, to get at the machine to do a thorough inspection cleaning, possible repaint and also to possibly move it through a 6' wide door, and then put the refinished enclosure back on. Likewise, if it ever had to be moved back out, it would have to be removed...

I have visions of super adhesive sealant at the seams between the enclosure and the machine....

Marty

Re: Torq Cut Cabinet Removal

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Just curious, has anyone removed and reinstalled the enclosure on a Torq Cut? My thoughts are two fold, first, to get at the machine to do a thorough inspection cleaning, possible repaint and also to possibly move it through a 6' wide door, and then put the refinished enclosure back on. Likewise, if it ever had to be moved back out, it would have to be removed...

I have visions of super adhesive sealant at the seams between the enclosure and the machine....

Marty
    You won't have any problem taking the cabinet off, undo the panels up the column first, for sealant just a good quality silicone sealant, is all that is needed when you put it back on
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You won't have any problem taking the cabinet off, undo the panels up the column first, for sealant just a good quality silicone sealant, is all that is needed when you put it back on
    Awesome, thanks for that reassurance. I assume they all come off in sections? (I am not home to look closely and I didn't have a lot of time to really look at it before I had to leave)

Marty

Awesome, thanks for that reassurance. I assume they all come off in sections? (I am not home to look closely and I didn't have a lot of time to really look at it before I had to leave)

Marty
    No mostly one big part, that does not come apart in sections
    Mactec54

Ah, fabricated and then installed on the column. Even better.
    Thank you!
    Marty

On a side note, I have a leak where the cabinet meets the front of the base... is there a seal there or just RTV? I haven't really looked much at it (very busy). How about some pictures of the new cabinets you have... I don't suppose you have replacement decals for the front? There is a part of me that wants to pull my cabinet and have it blasted and powder-coated.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia View Post
    On a side note, I have a leak where the cabinet meets the front of the base... is there a seal there or just RTV? I haven't really looked much at it (very busy). How about some pictures of the new cabinets you have... I don't suppose you have replacement decals for the front? There is a part of me that wants to pull my cabinet and have it blasted and powder-coated.

Richard
    Yes you RTV along the front, I don't think we have any Decals, the new cabinets we have been using are complete, the problem is there is a channel around the base of the casting this gets full of chips Etc and then the coolant leaks out, the cabinet is covering this channel, so it is hard to get to clean it out
    Mactec54

Yes you RTV along the front, I don't think we have any Decals, the new cabinets we have been using are complete, the problem is there is a channel around the base of the casting this gets full of chips Etc and then the coolant leaks out, the cabinet is covering this channel, so it is hard to get to clean it out
    Mactec, does the cabinet sit on the base or is it welded to the base/cabinet legs?

Richard
    I would like to pull the cabinet, to do a thorough cleaning and inspection of the machine, and while its off yes, refinish it, and replace the lexan windows.
    Decals would be a nice touch.....

Richard, we could have some decals made, I have a friend with a Vinyl sign plotter. I think a good hi resolution photo of some nice decals would work.

Marty

I would like to pull the cabinet, to do a thorough cleaning and inspection of the machine, and while its off yes, refinish it, and replace the lexan windows.
    Decals would be a nice touch.....

Richard, we could have some decals made, I have a friend with a Vinyl sign plotter. I think a good hi resolution photo of some nice decals would work.

Marty
    I can certainly take pictures of mine with a tape measure, but my decals are not in the best shape and are missing bits. Will the vinyl hold up to chemicals?

Richard

I can certainly take pictures of mine with a tape measure, but my decals are not in the best shape and are missing bits. Will the vinyl hold up to chemicals?

Richard
    I would think the originals were decals too. I'd control where you spray coolant. :-)
    I'll look at my machine when I'm back home to see how they look.

Mactec, does the cabinet sit on the base or is it welded to the base/cabinet legs?
    Just sits on the base of the machine
    Mactec54

I powder coated the sheet metal on the Z-Axis column and used my Graphtec Craft Robo vinyl cutter to make new decals and they've held up great over the last 5 years. I took a photograph of the old ones and uses some google image searches to get the missing pieces into Corel Draw. Worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmullett View Post
    I powder coated the sheet metal on the Z-Axis column and used my Graphtec Craft Robo vinyl cutter to make new decals and they've held up great over the last 5 years. I took a photograph of the old ones and uses some google image searches to get the missing pieces into Corel Draw. Worked perfectly.
    Any chance you might make up some decals for the cabinet and head sheet metal? I'm very much considering pulling the sheet metal off for clean up and to have them stripped and either powder coated or repainted.
    Maybe some other users would like a new set of decals while you are at it?

Marty

Matter, (or anyone else that has done it) any tips, tricks, or advise for cabinet removal? It looks fairly straightforward.
    Marty

Any chance you might make up some decals for the cabinet and head sheet metal? I'm very much considering pulling the sheet metal off for clean up and to have them stripped and either powder coated or repainted.
    Maybe some other users would like a new set of decals while you are at it?

Marty
    I'm in sunny Florida for the Holidays, but at the very least I'll dig through my files and provide the art work I sent to the vinyl plotter. I think it was drawn up in Corel Draw X4. If, I have the vinyl in stock, I'd be glad to run one for you. Perhaps we could swap for a scan of the service manual w/ part breakdown drawings.

I'm in sunny Florida for the Holidays, but at the very least I'll dig through my files and provide the art work I sent to the vinyl plotter. I think it was drawn up in Corel Draw X4. If, I have the vinyl in stock, I'd be glad to run one for you. Perhaps we could swap for a scan of the service manual w/ part breakdown drawings.
    Another snowbird clogging up my streets! I swear traffic doubles during the holidays

I too would love a scan/photos of the maintenance manual. My machine came with two copies of the programming manual but no user manual or service manual.

Well, enjoy the holidays!
    Whenever you return is fine.

I can try and scan the maintenance manual, it will be a job because some of the sheets fold out and I can only scan 8.5"x11, and we'll need 11x17 for the fold out pages.

Marty

You still away? :-)

i believe the cables on the x axis motor need to come off because i had a guy working for me that did'ntremove them and we could not get the cabinet off and the wires/plug got messed up ,You might want to look into that first FYI
    Garry