586,051 active members*
3,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Any swedish MX-45 machine users out there?
Page 1 of 2 12

Any swedish MX-45 machine users out there?

Which of the following button is DRY RUN??

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161115_195846.jpg  

Re: Any swedish MX-45 machine users out there?

hello, don't u have a "IL" button, or something ( white) , that you can press in combination with the buttons that you don't know what they do ? maybe you will find it maybe it will light up

also, why do you need dry run ? collision check, program check, 4 what ? kindly !
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Not overly clear,, but this link.....LINK .... go to page 516

I assume it is a OSP 7000M control

did u just replied without messing my head ? but i am used with that since my 1st post on cnc zone ... pls

Not easy to read when your buttons is so dirty but i believe it says "TORRKÔRN"

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello, don't u have a "IL" button, or something ( white) , that you can press in combination with the buttons that you don't know what they do ? maybe you will find it maybe it will light up

also, why do you need dry run ? collision check, program check, 4 what ? kindly !
    did u just replied without messing my head ? but i am used with that since my 1st post on cnc zone ... pls
    WTF are you getting at ?
    What business is it to you why he needs to know, .... probably to prove off a program at a faster speed, like most normal people

myhaje
    -- tell us what control it is hiding under the dirt
    .....clean your operation panel.....turn the machine OFF, & clean using a soft cloth dipped in your cutting fluid or a dishwashing liquid

finally

WTF are you getting at ? What business is it to you why he needs to know
    i can sugest how 2 check colisions without cas, thus reducing general time setup

a lot of people complain about duration of setup, because of the need to declare everything also virtual

nothing new here, just techniques before cas ... cas is safer, is good to be there, but is good to dont regard it as a must

turn the machine OFF, & clean using a soft cloth dipped in your cutting fluid or a dishwashing liquid
    also try spirit / alcohol and cotton buds for details

Hi

May be it the same with your operator panel
    Quote Originally Posted by myhäje View Post
    Which of the following button is DRY RUN??

Thanks!

hey myhaje, instead of cleaning, just stick this to it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg  

TORRKÖRN it was. I use dry run to cut air faster where material was already taken out and the program has to be re-run.

TORRKÖRN it was
    ... and still is

I use dry run to cut air faster where material was already taken out and the program has to be re-run
    why don't u just use restart ? or you must continue from the middle of a long operation / cycle ? in that case, you may use parametric programs ... however, you should reduce / eliminate such unnecesary movements by programing ; kindly !

however, you should reduce / eliminate such unnecesary movements by programing ; kindly !
    Well, I try my best, but still sometimes inserts refuse to last until the end. Instead of starting to mess with the program, it's just faster to re-run that phase with dry run on to the point where it starts to take material.

hello again generally, is faster to go dry than to reload the program

fast insert wear, especially when cutting single parts, is a mess i would recomend some better inserts; this is all i can tell

i experienced with different setups and different inserts from dealers, and in the end i found something better; i have done this because my inserts did not last long

so far i had problems only when roughing; inserts that i have now are ok for roughing, actually so ok, that they push the material if is not clamped well, so this is why i started crafting hard jaws

another issue is the spindle speed; i don't go over 2000rpm on the 10"chuck, even if the insert can take it ... i don't like how the machine behaves at this speeds, so i preffer to protect the spindle / kindly !

ps : i can hit 2000rpm 0.7mm/o 1mm depth on diameter 65, and i feel that the spindle can take much more, but the Z axis is loaded ... is like how the S motor is much powerful than the Z

ps : i can hit 2000rpm 0.7mm/o 1mm depth on diameter 65, and i feel that the spindle can take much more, but the Z axis is loaded ... is like how the S motor is much powerful than the Z
    Err..... it's a milling machine you dill...not a bloody lathe

yeah, u r right i should have figure it out from the panel that i photoshoped

yeah, u r right i should have figure it out from the panel that i photoshoped
    on a lathe there are potentiometers / fine adjustment control for rpm and feed

on a mill there are or :
    ... rpm
    ... rapid
    ... feed
    ... feed in MDI, or during restart; also this last one allows machining in MDI pretty precise, like you can set up exactly whatever feed you need

so, on a mill :
    ... rapid adjustment is independent from feed adjusment, while on lathe they are combined; same button/wheel for bought
    ... you can machine inside MDI at a specific feed only from the panel, which is faster; on a lathe this can not be done

again, team vs team

so maybe i should have figure it out that the MX-45 is a mill, but what is the "manual cutting feed" option for lathe ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02.PNG  

Quote Originally Posted by myhäje View Post
    Well, I try my best, but still sometimes inserts refuse to last until the end. Instead of starting to mess with the program, it's just faster to re-run that phase with dry run on to the point where it starts to take material
    i think there may be a way for an inside cycle restart, without program optimization / i will be back on this

i think there may be a way for an inside cycle restart, without program optimization / i will be back on this
    pls check attached image that highlighted value, during machining, it counts internal operations, without connection to the N**** address

thus, when an insert goes, just remember than number, which is a link for the current operation

reset, change insert, and restart the program with a value lower than the one where your insert got screwed

generally, try restarting on a line where the tool is out of the material, or is about to enter ( preferably tangent ) inside the material

this is 4 osp 300 ; hope it retrofits

same for lathe : i had an operation which starts with the tailstock active, and during it the tailstock leaves; there is no chance to restart inside this *.ssb by using normal methods, unless :
    ... each line has an N**** address, which i don't use pretty often, or
    ... direct restart is used, but still not possible, because you can not select a line inside the *.ssb / kindly !

if you skiped that link, thus the insert got broken and the cnc continued, just stop & reset, and run the program in virtual mode so to see the link where the insert broked

if it takes too much, enter the program and put an M0 somewhere, and after run in virtual + dry; simulation will stop at M0; check the link and restart

well, also, you may input, instead of M0, an N**** adress, and restart directly on it, as long as that adress is unique ( preferably )

things lately described, as restarting at internal cnc address (=ica) instead of N****, do not work if you loop a program inside a *.min, because the ica will not reset when it will meet the GOTO syntax

so better just input an N**** somewhere, and restart on it, or enable the ica reset and keep the looping by using *.sdf

in this last case, spindle and everything will stop, since the *.sdf chaines programs, not simple operations; no worries on a mill, while on a lathe you may have issues with this on a material advancing without spindle stop this just hit me a few seconds ago ...

Page 1 of 2 12