586,121 active members*
3,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Exclamation Allen Bradley 8400 MP control

I am having trouble with my Allen Bradley control. Does anyone know where I can get a troubleshooting manual or guide for it. The screen says emergency stop and I cant clear it at all or is the E stop shot?

Does it have a pull up E-stop Switch?
    if so on the machine i use to work with
    there is a contactor that has to go in when you pull up that sw

Figured It Out

actually I just figured it out. coolant pump was stuck and an overload reset button was out. THANKS

Hi
    Iam looking for a electrical prints for a bridgeport cnc mill with a allen bradley 8400mp controller

Does anyone know how to reset the password on the 8400 MP, Somehow the password was changed and I can't get the machine going.
    Thanks
    Art

Art
    you could remove the 2aa batters form inside clam shell (lower left corner)
    but then you would loss the control parameters.

right the parameters down befor removing battery

I have the user manual for the 8400MP if you need the programing procedure.

does any one have a wiring diagram for the 8400mp.

ben

Ben,
    Thanks for the input, I found a master password that allows you to run and change any of the current passwords,: ABBP, that's it.
    Thanks again.
    Art

I have the wiring diagrams for an A/B 8400MP as used with a Shizuoka ANS. Do you still need the info?

Jack

password help for Allen Bradley 8400

i just purchased an Allen Bradley 8400 controller hooked up to a Motion Master,
    can some one tell me how i can reset the password or recover it, or if there is a website that i can go to, to find out how to do this? I tried the master password Art said but it didn't work for me. if i have to remove the batteries can you tell me where i can find the parameters that i need to rcord for future use?

gfactor13

As far as I remember, the battery only keeps programs and tool information. I pulled the batteries many times and never lost basic machine parameters. I don't know if the password is kept in battery backed memory. Too bad the ABBP didn't work. I work from a home shop and so never used password protection.

Good luck. Know anyone that wants to buy an A/B 8400? I'm just about converted to Mach3 with a DSPMC. It's been a pain, but it will be powerful when it's done. I've photographed most of the wiring info from the 8400 manual and can send copies if they would be useful.

Jack

NCnet Lite & AB 8400MP sync problem

Does anyone have an 8400 MP manual they cn send me. I'm having trouble transferring programs between my computer & the 8400 MP. currently I am using NCnet Lite ( a freeware DNC program I found on the net which I am not even sure is compatible) any suggestions?

I'm over my head

I have an opportunity to purchase a Bridgeport with an AB 8400 system.
    What is an AB 8400, is it any good, is it anything current, does it use its own language, is it compatible with BobCAM or MasterCam?
    Any info would be useful. I have NO CAM experience and am tired of doing repets on my mill.

Scotty

A/B 8400

Hi Scotty-

An A/B 8400 is a controller probably > 20 years old. Mine was a 1988 model and I think it was one of the latest. It is compatable with BobCad. That's what I used. It does have some proprietary codes that I found useful such as pocketing. Of course, all those special functions could be done in BobCad or any other CAM program.

They are a solid, but outdated controller. They are very limited in memory. If you get a good one, it could serve for many more years. If the price is right and it works I would go for it.

Now, why I no longer use an A/B 8400. Mine was working pretty well until the CRT died. A typical quote I got was $800-$2000 to replace or update just the CRT. Those CRTs are the type I used to buy for <$70. Expect an outrageous price for anything that needs to be replaced, like ~$1000 for a keyboard.

I completely updated the control electronics for <$2000 with a PC based machine running Mach3 and a Vital Systems DSPMC. The servos and drivers from my Shizuoka ANS work great with the DSPMC. As far as I know 8400s didn't support stepper motors, so this approach would probable work to update your machine.

If I can answer any other questions, please email me. If you decide to go for the machine, I have an A/B controller I'd like to sell.

Jack

to wilbelate i have the wiring info if u still need it for 8400 i need to find a password
    that will over ride the code that some one installed they changed the allen bradley code
    im stuck mike delmo

Mike try "ABBP" for the password.

Allen Bradley 8400 MP

I need help.

Bought a 1992 MotionMaster at auction. Minimal documentation.

This controller is mounted on a Motion Master CNC router with two spindles, one is called Z and the other W.

I can't turn on the spindles from a program. M3 doesn't work.

Is there another M code to turn on the spindle(s), how do I tell it which one I want on the Z or the W? Is there a code select whichg spindle and then M3? Or is there a dedicated M? for each spindle?

M51 turns on a drill M52 turns it off.

Can't seem to turn on spindles. Do I have to specify an RPM too?

Please advise.

Try M3 S18000.

For the other one M31? Trying hard to remember....been a few years.

Post master board

I'm looking for a master board for a A&B 8400 mp control

board # 900156 rev 07 or the prints for the board.

Thanks Doug

Help????

So i see there are still a few people with the AB 8400 can any one tell me a compatible post processor so i dont have to keep reprograming arcs and such. I have Geocad its dosent write arcs so the 8400 and run them. all i ever get is inproper G2/G3 code????

thanks for any info

Mike C

Page 1 of 3 123