Attachment 368518Sorry Worm and to others interested. I work 12hr shifts and have had ot days. And its summertime haha gotta put the toys to use before winter comes. Anyway.

So lets do this overtime like when I have an extra hour couple times a week.
Here is the original Shoptask 2000 machine.Attachment 368506
I got tired of chasing the backlash and deviations and always wanted to build this thing to best it could be. So over 3 yrs I waited for deals on ebay and other sources to collect all the parts I needed.

Step 1 Tear it all apart and fill the base cast with a mixture that EWAG uses in hp cnc grinders. Seems to be crushed granite with an epoxy.
Attachment 368510 then to the surface grinder at work. The original table took a shuffle on the grinder as well. finished both to .0001

Sorry I dont have all of the detailed pics to this build but am digging up a few.
The rails that are on the bed are THK KX series 35mm width.
The rails on the table are THK SR25
The carriage plate is 7000 aluminum 1.25" thick ground as well or more like polishing it.

Here is another pic thinking about mounting plates for the screws and motors.
Attachment 368516
The Z column I made from 4130 plate welded then surface ground. Base is 1.25 thick and column is .75 thick Then filled with the epoxy mixture. The rails are THK HSR 55mm width.
All 3 ballscrews are Kuhn hybrid precision from switz I think there a little above styeinmeyer in quality. They are all 25mm diam. 5mm pitch
I used INA angular contact bearings for all supports. The bolt on type to make it easier to float in align screws.
The Headstock for the mill is the lathe headstock from the original machine setup on a grinder at work to make the base perfect with the bearing bore.
Then used the lathe spindle accompanied by 4 hp angular bearings.
Attachment 368518
At this point I got bored so started building the control cabinet.
Attachment 368520Attachment 368520
I will try to make another post tomorrow night. Thank you for the patience.