586,265 active members*
3,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Spindle stop during cut
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Spindle stop during cut

If the spindle run below 6000 rpm that doesn't mean the parameters set wrong (specially with water cooling spindle), but usually it's suggesting to set minimum working speed over 6000rpm. For spindle rotating speed between 12000rpm to 24000rpm is better for the spindle. I used 6000 rpm to engrave granite and stone !! Correct me if I'm wrong .
    On Thursday I will ground the spindle body but I'm not optimistic .. I don't think this will fix the problem (but anyway I should do it). I want to order a new spindle but I watch 2 different type for the Chinese spindle (both the same parameters) but the difference is the spindle nick and price, I attached picture for both which one is better is there any difference ?!
    Thank's

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

assadi

The GDZ is the better spindle

With your Parameter settings, as long as the Minimum Hz setting is set to 100 then you should be safe, running slower for any time will over heat the spindle, the water cooling won't help this, running to slow will damage the spindle
    Mactec54

What parameters you recommend me to cut MDF ?! Speed, feed, plunge, pass depth...! I watched a lot of videos on youtube and they able to cut MDF like a butter ! They cut with high feed rate and 5mm pass depth with 3.175mm tool diameter ! I can't get results like that even with 6mm tool ! I used different cutters 2 flute up cut, high quality (Amana, Dimar, HAM...) but nothing ! What's wrong with me !! My Machine is rigid , 2.2kw spindle !

Hello,
    I still have the problem !! Not solved !! I wired the ground to spindle body. I contacted the VFD manufacture and they told me that All the parameters set correctly, current seems quite low when running in air
    2.1A @ 10000-20000 rpm
    2.2A @ 22000 rpm *
    1.9A @ 24000 rpm
    And the current when the spindle cutting is also low, between 2.1A-3A. I even raised the current setting in the VFD to 8.5A (the spindle rated current 8A) but nothing help. Any other solution ?

Could it be something related to the VFD input power ??? I have one cable power to the cabinet (1 phase) it supply power to all components (80vdc 12.5A power supply, 24vdc 1.3A power supply, PMDX-126, 2.2kw VFD, PC & monitor, water pump, vacuum cleaner 3000w with 3 motors each one is 1000w). I noticed that when I run the vacuum cleaner the voltage on the multimeter on the 80vdc power supply (for drivers/motors) drop to 64vdc if I run the vacuum cleaner at full power (3000w), could that cause problem ? If it's effect the power supply, it could also effects the VFD Input !! Is it possible ?!

assadi

These Spindles don't draw much when not loaded

What is your supply Voltage and Amps ??? this could be a problem if the supply amperage is to low

8.5A seems not right for a 2.2Kw spindle, but that will depend on what your supply voltage is, so your supply voltage is-------??
    Mactec54

Also when the spindle loaded it don't draw much .
    I measured the voltage to the vfd input and it's depends if other components work at the same time ! If the vacuum cleaner off (not working) the Voltage supplied to vfd is ~215v, and if the vacuum cleaner work with full power, the input voltage to the vfd is ~199v ... I didn't measure the current at the vfd input ... I will do it when I near the machine - probably Thursday ... But is that normal the voltage change in vfd input ?!

Quote Originally Posted by assadi View Post
    Also when the spindle loaded it don't draw much .
    I measured the voltage to the vfd input and it's depends if other components work at the same time ! If the vacuum cleaner off (not working) the Voltage supplied to vfd is ~215v, and if the vacuum cleaner work with full power, the input voltage to the vfd is ~199v ... I didn't measure the current at the vfd input ... I will do it when I near the machine - probably Thursday ... But is that normal the voltage change in vfd input ?!

So if your supply voltage is 215V then your Spindle could draw 10 Plus amps, so you need to set your amps to at least 10.5A 8.5A is not going to do it, so if your supply can't give you enough for your machine then yes the VFD would shut down

For the Amperage what is the Circuit Breaker size for the Power supplying your machine ?? you need at least a 20A supply circuit

215v is low, you would need to run the vacuum on a different supply line, so it can not take any Power from your machine supply as it is already low at 215v
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    For the Amperage what is the Circuit Breaker size for the Power supplying your machine ?? you need at least a 20A supply circuit
    215v is low, you would need to run the vacuum on a different supply line, so it can not take any Power from your machine supply as it is already low at 215v
    I have 3 MCB inside the cabinet (from the main AC supply), 16A MCB for the VFD, 3A MCB for the 24vdc 1.3a PS and pmdx-126, 6A MCB for 80vdc 12.5a PS. The VFD AC supply according to the manual is 200-240V ±10% - 1 Phase Input.

I have 3 MCB inside the cabinet (from the main AC supply), 16A MCB for the VFD, 3A MCB for the 24vdc 1.3a PS and pmdx-126, 6A MCB for 80vdc 12.5a PS. The VFD AC supply according to the manual is 200-240V ±10% - 1 Phase Input.

As I said your Power supply is not correct for your VFD this is from your VFD Manual
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power Supply.jpg  
    Mactec54

As I said your Power supply is not correct for your VFD this is from your VFD Manual
    Hello, I fixed the power issue, now I have 220v at the vfd input ... There is no load on the spindle (pass depth 2.5mm MDF) ... I still have the problem .. The spindle stop with error 0-1 !!! I'm desperate

Hello, I fixed the power issue, now I have 220v at the vfd input ... There is no load on the spindle (pass depth 2.5mm MDF) ... I still have the problem .. The spindle stop with error 0-1 !!! I'm desperate

Does this happen on startup or when running cutting a part
    Mactec54

Think you said this happens only when running the spindle across MDF cutting only 2.5mm, which should not be much of a load. Since this seems to fault as soon as you start cutting, you need to Check P08, P03, and P11 in you parameters like the manuals suggests. I would also check your incoming power again, like Mactec suggested earlier. You either have an incoming power issue, a parameter issue or you VFD could be defective.

Russ

Does this happen on startup or when running cutting a part
    When running / cutting a part .

I checked the incoming power and everything was OK ! I think I found the problem, I hope ... The spindle is rotating in the wrong direction !!! Could this be the problem ! Actually the problem start after I changed the vfd- spindle cable , probably I wired the VFD U,V,W output to the spindle plug,*1 2 3 pins*in a wrong order ! On next Thursday I will try again ... Do you think this could be the problem !?
    Merry Christmas and happy new year

I checked the incoming power and everything was OK ! I think I found the problem, I hope ... The spindle is rotating in the wrong direction !!! Could this be the problem ! Actually the problem start after I changed the vfd- spindle cable , probably I wired the VFD U,V,W output to the spindle plug,*1 2 3 pins*in a wrong order ! On next Thursday I will try again ... Do you think this could be the problem !?
    Merry Christmas and happy new year

Yes it can cause a problem, I was about to ask you how you have wired the spindle to VFD, your plug needs to be wired as per the Photo below, this is the correct wiring for these spindles

Also check at the spindle Plug with your meter ohms setting,and each pin to Ground, (Power OFF )
    Pin 1-2
    Pin 2-3
    Pin 3-1
    Mactec54

YES, if the spindle is running backward the cutters are not trying to cut they are bounding off the material and then the current goes way up and you get your error.

Russ

if you need , i can ask my boss help you.

Thank you guys, appreciate your help.
    The problem is solved now, it was wrong connection between VFD and Spindle, it was U-2, V-1, W-3, GROUND-4 and it caused the spindle CCW rotation, Overload...... Now I changed the wire between U & V .. And everything is working fine.
    Happy new year .

Page 2 of 2 12