586,094 active members*
4,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazak QT 10N - Wiring Diagram and testing an old machine out of storage.

Mazak QT 10N - Wiring Diagram and testing an old machine out of storage.

I recently purchased a 1986 Mazak QT 10N with the CAM T2 control.

This machine is a project, I have never seen it powered up, but it will be arriving at my shop tomorrow and I'd like to get a head-start on a checklist.
    My intention buying this machine is to to make an attempt at using the existing T2 control if possible, if not I will do a control retrofit of some kind.
    The ways "look" decent and I don't see any major damage to any critical parts. The story is that this machine was making parts up to the time it was disconnected.

The only documentation I'll be getting with the machine is the original parameters list (looks like it has the ladder in there too).

I would love to have a partial or complete wiring diagram, parts list, manual, etc. Basically any documentation I can get my hands on.

I know almost nothing about the Mazak controls. I assume that if the control even powers on, the battery is dead and will require replacement and reloading of parameters and other re-initialization steps.
    Can any of you guys who are more familiar with these machines give me a basic checklist of what I should be looking for / doing prior to and after connecting power to assess how big this project will ultimately be?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys can give. I appreciate all the help and will post up some pictures when I get this machine and the chip conveyor into the shop.

First check that it hasn't got any loose live wires anywhere. Then the easiest thing to do is power it up and see what errors you get. Depends on how long it has been disconnected as to wether batteries are dead. You may be lucky and they may still have enough in them to save the parameters. If not just reload the parameters and go from there
    Regards Bob

I was searching for something else related to MAZAK on google and saw my own post in the search results.

I made my original post here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mazak-...760-mazak.html

Looks like somehow it gets duplicated to Industry Arena...

Anyway, thanks for the input. I did the basic checks and booted up the machine. Time to learn Mazatrol.

Re: Mazak QT 10N - Wiring Diagram and testing an old machine out of storage.

Duplicate post... I attempted to copy paste what I put in the Industry Arena window to CNCZone... OK. Now I realize they duplicate in both directions.

Re: Mazak QT 10N - Wiring Diagram and testing an old machine out of storage.

Hi, how did the project go in the end?

I was also wondering if you still have the Parameters list? I'm looking at buying the same machine but it looks like all the Parameters have been lost.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Leigh