586,075 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > CNC Wire Foam Cutter Machines > Where to purchase large EPS foam blocks?..
Page 1 of 2 12

Where to purchase large EPS foam blocks?..

I am on the verge of building my first CNC hot wire cutting machine. I want to be able to build architectual designs such as crown moldings, columns, ect for remodeling homes that friends buy and sell to make money. I am trying to finalize my plans and need to find a good method of moving the gantry, I think using a belt might be the cheapest and best way, but I also cannot find a supplier of the large blocks of foam needed.

Does anybody have any resources for this EPS foam or good articles for large scale hot wire cutters? I am leaning towards putting a mill on the end and making it a 4 axis carving machine rather than a wire, but that would be an upgrade after I prove to the wife that I can make cash with the cheaper version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul, I don't think they sell foam...just the raw material to make the foam.

That's who I buy my foam from.

Paul,

I did not see any pricing or specs for blocks, I take it I need to talk to a rep of some sort....by the way, do you know what the prices are for the large foam blocks?

EPP is .33 cents per board foot.

Jaxnorth are you in the jascksonville Fl area? I know of a place within 60 miles of you that you can buy 4ft x 4ft x 8ft blocks 1lb $230.00 1.5lb $290.00
    2lb $350.00 I would post company name and phone #. But I dont want to break any rules.

Posting links and numbers are not against the sites rules so please share.

Jockey....I would appreciate the info and the owner said it was cool.......thanks a bunch in advance. I am trying to convince the wife we need to build a machine. I figure if I make a hotwire cutter, cut some crown molding by hand, and dress up a room in the house, she will have to give in.....I sure hope it works....

Oh yeah, I do live in Jax, fl......are you close?

Thanks,

Jim

Imperial Foam
    236 Old Tomaka Road
    Ormond Beach, Fl
    Phone 386-673-4177

I'm Building a machine to do the same. I live in Daytona Beach maybe we should get our heads togather.

Jockey, thanks for the info...........it sounds great to put our heads together and help each other out. I would like to be able to see how others do it and possibly even help to construct such a beast. I will PM you with my contact info. Thanks again.....

What about EPP foam?

When looking for eps blocks I did run across a supplier in Orlando that sold epp sheets. I will find there information and post it. Also I will ask around for epp blocks.

Does Imperial Foam have a web site? I'm on teh West Coast and need to find a supplier out here in teh Northern part of California. Thanks

In case anyone still is looking, I found a good list of foam suppliers via an internet search (foam eps blocks) on these links:

http://www.hotwiredirect.com/eps-block-molders/
    http://www.hotwiremachines.com/Links.htm

hope it helps

Foam Block Suppliers

If you're still looking, I found some good lists from the search engine:

http://www.hotwiredirect.com/eps-block-molders

and

http://www.hotwiremachines.com/Links.htm

Hope this helps.

I have big blocks of EPP i'd like to get rid of, let me know.

Like this big?
    Step away from the coffee.......

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin View Post
    I have big blocks of EPP i'd like to get rid of, let me know.
    If no one else wants the EPP, I am interested. The block in the picture is the size of my mini van - not sure about that size.

EPS Blocks in Jacksonville

Hello All,

I am Luis and live in Jacksonville, Florida. I work in an 85,000 square foot facility which manufactures EPS foam, blocks, architectural elements etc.. Happy to be here. Contact me at [email protected] , If I can be of any assistance, please let me know. To jaxnorth, I'm in your backyard and have great prices on 3'x4'x8' EPS blocks.

Page 1 of 2 12