586,069 active members*
3,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Help with Chinese CNC 6040 Router Please

Just curious if your desktop computer has a built in pp port. If so, is there a reason why your not using it. this should be pretty straight forward to get some movement at the mach.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMoog View Post
    Just curious if your desktop computer has a built in pp port. If so, is there a reason why your not using it. this should be pretty straight forward to get some movement at the mach.

MM
    It doesn't have a built in pp, so I had to get a pci card. The computer actually had vista 64 bit so so I had to downgrade it to XP home which is 32 bit. Using the uc100 the symptoms are identical with the desktop and 2 laptops via USB as the desktop direct through pp. The response I get with the LEDs at the breakout board makes me think that the signals are getting from mach3 to the board but are not being processed by the board.

The mach3 set up is as per the manufacturer's instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please check the hardware driver for the card .
    if the driver can not install success ,the machine can not work .

Jinan Blue Elephant CNC Machinery Co.,Ltd
    Email:[email protected]
    Whatsapp/mobile/Wechat:0086-15064026772
    QQ:3001738567
    Web:Jinan Blue Elephant CNC Machinery Co.,Ltd.
    To be first brand CNC Router Manufacturer & Wholesaler Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Wdbilbo View Post
    It doesn't have a built in pp, so I had to get a pci card. The computer actually had vista 64 bit so so I had to downgrade it to XP home which is 32 bit. Using the uc100 the symptoms are identical with the desktop and 2 laptops via USB as the desktop direct through pp. The response I get with the LEDs at the breakout board makes me think that the signals are getting from mach3 to the board but are not being processed by the board.

The mach3 set up is as per the manufacturer's instructions.

Who did you buy the UC100 from if you got it from Ebay then it is most likely a fake, only buy this from the manufacture or from there distributors, the cheaper UC100 units on Ebay are fakes, and do not work correct
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Who did you buy the UC100 from if you got it from Ebay then it is most likely a fake, only buy this from the manufacture or from there distributors, the cheaper UC100 units on Ebay are fakes, and do not work correct
    I didn't buy the uc100 from eBay. I bought it from cnc4you.co.uk. It works perfectly. Today I have rebuilt the circuit board with a new breakout board and stepper motor drivers. I am now running the cnc router from a laptop running windows 10, though I have a couple of other computers I intend to try out, using mach3 and the uc100. The fault was clearly the controller board. I probably should have said that I have managed to recover most of the cost of the replacement parts by getting a partial refund from the eBay supplier of the router.

I have learned a massive amount about cnc routers in the past few days and am now convinced that buying a cheap Chinese router from eBay and upgrading the electronics is a good and cost-effective way to get into this hobby. The actual hardware is excellent.

Many thanks for all your advice. Perhaps I shall be able to construct something now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wdbilbo View Post
    I didn't buy the uc100 from eBay. I bought it from cnc4you.co.uk. It works perfectly. Today I have rebuilt the circuit board with a new breakout board and stepper motor drivers. I am now running the cnc router from a laptop running windows 10, though I have a couple of other computers I intend to try out, using mach3 and the uc100. The fault was clearly the controller board. I probably should have said that I have managed to recover most of the cost of the replacement parts by getting a partial refund from the eBay supplier of the router.

I have learned a massive amount about cnc routers in the past few days and am now convinced that buying a cheap Chinese router from eBay and upgrading the electronics is a good and cost-effective way to get into this hobby. The actual hardware is excellent.

Many thanks for all your advice. Perhaps I shall be able to construct something now!!

The original board is a bad design in that it does not have diodes at the motor outputs to protect against back emf. It's posssible that
    the drivers are damaged as there is also no power sequencing for this particular chip, ie. 5V must come on before 24V or else the chips can be destroyed.Although I see 2 relays.

My new drivers are powered by a separate power supply to the 24 volts powering the breakout board, so, hopefully, that should prevent what you are describing. In view of the poor quality/design of the board, I've decided to upgrade the stepper motors too. So that is pretty well a full upgrade!!!

Page 2 of 2 12