586,060 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

INDEX AMADA PEGA 358

Someone could help me how to adjust the autoindex of a AMADA PEGA 358
    OF 4 INDEX.
    I need to make a fine adjustment since the dice are not well centered with punch.

I'd appreciate your help

Thanks

Re: INDEX AMADA PEGA 358

Freddy heres how I aligned my auto index stations on our old Nisshinbo hydraulics. I believe the Pega is an old mechanical drive but the AI is probably similar or at least some variation. Look for a coupling between the AI motor and the worm gear on the stations. May be a metal cover over it i dunno. Loosen the coupling so you can turn the input shaft by hand. Remove the light springs/plungers that hold the punch raised in the turret bore. Adjust the punch on a rectangle parting tool such that it protrudes 1/8-1/4" out of the stripper. Place the punch in the turret and it should drop into the corresponding die since it is protruding and the lifting springs are removed. Proceed to rotate the input shaft by hand (or carefully with a pliers - dont booger it!) any direction until it binds in the die. Now make a mark on the coupler with a sharpie. Rotate the coupler the opposite way counting the revs until it binds again. Do this a few times until you are certAin how many revs it takes lock to lock. Lets say it took 10-1/2 revs then simply back off 5-1/4 turns and tighten the coupler back up. Put all the lifters back in and readjust the punch. You should be good to go.

Excellent my friend Very good contribution.
    Tomorrow I will do it that way, I think we had already thought about removing the springs but not the coupling we did not know.
    Anything I inform you
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FREDYABARCA View Post
    Someone could help me how to adjust the autoindex of a AMADA PEGA 358
    OF 4 INDEX.
    I need to make a fine adjustment since the dice are not well centered with punch.

I'd appreciate your help

Thanks
    Hi Freddy,
    First of all ....remember that all the AMADA Auto index stations have Position Locks on the Upper & Lower turret. So it fits in particular position and does not rotate in normal condition. When the AI Drive is engaged , this mechanism releases the Station Lock ( Brake ) mechanically , which allows the station to rotate 360.
    If you are facing problem in the angular cutting then you have to adjust the Offset parameter of each station.
    If you disturb the Driven shaft Based on only station...you may get trouble with other AI stations.
    If you need to to do the Center alignment of AI Station....no need of disturbing the Drive Mechanism, you can loosen the bottom die holder and center it with respect to the bare top punch....and DIE.

Actually there are alignment Gigs available for AI stations. you can try those.

But in my opinion....disturbing the drive shaft...will create more problems.

any ways decision is yours.

bye.

Pitre, The angular adjustment parameter is used to fine tune and eliminate "sawtooth" on straight line parting operations. The procedure I described centers the upper punch and lower die rotationally (phase adjusted) such that the clearance is equal all around which is what I understood as the OP's problem.