587,013 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Mach 3 suddenly started ignoring limit switches while run. Nothing to do with homing.

Mach 3 suddenly started ignoring limit switches while run. Nothing to do with homing.

I have a weird problem, I built a 4x8 router at a makerspace im a part of and its been running well for over 2 years, yesterday it stopped seeing limit switches. I can go to Mach 3's diagnostics screen and hit the switches and it will show that the pin is pressed and the limit switch for that axis is hit but the machine continues to move. Its like mach is seeing the limit switch being hit but doesn't care and continues to travel as usual. I reprogrammed one of the switches as the e-stop and that functions as it should. For refrence I have 2 parellel ports going to 2 breakout boards and then each individual limit has its own input. I do not home the machine as I don't really need to or see an advantage to what the machine is used for. The machine is at a makerspace but I dont think anyone else messed with anything, im the one in charge of it. Any ideas whats going on?

Re: Mach 3 suddenly started ignoring limit switches while run. Nothing to do with hom

I had a problem similar to that on a router. Turned out it was a bad parallel card. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the card from the Device Manager and see what happens. Sounds like it's confused.

Re: Mach 3 suddenly started ignoring limit switches while run. Nothing to do with hom

Sounds like it might be a corrupt .xml file.
    Try creating a new one from scratch, or using one of the older ones in the Mach3\xml backup folder.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

do not let the machine run too fast .
    To be first brand CNC Router Manufacturer & Wholesaler Platform

maybe you need a Electromagnetic shielding for the card .
    To be first brand CNC Router Manufacturer & Wholesaler Platform