I thought I understood how C1, C2 & C0 worked...but something's not working for me.

So I made up a test. Below is the very simple prgm I made; it draws a circle , going CW, with a 1" in radius....that's all. Tool diameter, T1, is set in table to 0.5". E1 IS THE FIXTURE offset. I mounted a pencil in my drill chuck and ran the program.

I EXPECTED that if Compensation is C0 (OFF), then the pencil will draw a circle going CW of exactly 2" diameter....and it does. Good so far....

I EXPECTED that if Compensation is C1 (left)... then the pencil will draw a circle of 2.25" diameter, accounting for the 1/4" radius of the tool....but it does not. In fact the pencil follows the same path...1" radius...no compensation.

I EXPECTED that if Compensation is C2 (right) in line N003... then the pencil will draw a CW circle of 1.75" diameter, accounting for the 1/4" radius of the tool....but it does not. The pencil again follows the same path...1" radius...no compensation.

If I change the tool diameter to, say....75" diam...I get the same result. If I make the tool diameter .125" ...same result: no comp.

I hope someone can help get me. Thanks in advance.

N001 (9) M00 T1 E1
N002 (0) X0 Y0 Z0
N003 (2) A0 B360 D0 C1 R1 F25
N004 (9) M30