Well ive finally bit the bullet and decided to get rid of the dynapath Delta 10 control on my Lagunmatic 110 cnc knee mill.
After looking around and comparing prices,my choice was to go with Dynomotion. There are quite a few different options out there, but for me it came down to the product support, which ithere seems to be plenty of.
My mill has baldor Dc servo's rated at 500oz/in, with what looks like Datametrics encoders and Sd 1525 amps, 4 horse spindle motor. The machine has been just sitting idle for many years and since i just sold my First manual mill, im in need of a running milling machine again.
Now the fun begins,lol
Ive read through some builds here and on other forums in trying to prepare myself for whats yet to come. Im a machinist by trade, have worked for five years as a 12 volt auto tech, now im a millwright apprentice at a company. I have reasonable knowlege of electronics but am no genius by any means.. My question to the more exoerienced on here is, what would the overal complexity of this project be on a scale of 1-10. Are there any builds on here similar to mine? Are there certain threads here i can focus on to help me along that are better to spend more time disecting than others?
My set up will more or less consist of reusing eveything from the mill that works (servos,amps, power supply, etc)and whatever
I need to keep in the cabinet, all else will be gone.
I hope to get this running well before spring time,provided things dont get sideways. Lol
Cheers for now
Glen