586,060 active members*
4,398 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6T Programming

Help.

We have recently purchased a Ikegai Lathe with Fanuc 6T. Our ptrogrammers are having problems with the following.
    "Axis zero setting, tool offset management and storing in memory"
    Can anyone help, please

I believe Work Coordinates G54-G59 first showed up in the 6T-B models. If you have an A, you probably have to G50 the position at the start of each tool, something like:

N1 M8
    G50 X8.62 Z5.5 S2000
    G00 G96 S500 T0300
    X1.5 Z0.1 T0303
    G00 X8.62 Z5.5 T0300
    M01

We have an Ikegui lathe with a 6T-B. I've only been on the job as a manufacturing engineer here for...well....tomorrow will finish my second week on the job. I have had little experience with the machine, but I've got quite a bit of experience with Fanucs. I'm just getting back into programming after 7 years so I'm a bit rusty, but I will offer the assistance in any way I can by possibly checking parameters, etc. It seems that "dcoupar" probably knows a bit more than me, but I'm here if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Neal View Post
    Help.

We have recently purchased a Ikegai Lathe with Fanuc 6T. Our ptrogrammers are having problems with the following.
    "Axis zero setting, tool offset management and storing in memory"
    Can anyone help, please
    what year is your machine
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    what year is your machine

Fanuc 6T - B

on that machine i cant remember on the old mori's you had to get your tool offsets then something like lock the machine move x5. and z5.
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Garry,

Please disregard my earlier reference to G54-G59. I was THINKING 6M-B and TYPING 6T-B.

Tool Geometry Offsets were optional on the 6T-B. If your machine has them, you should be able to press the OFSET button several times and toggle between OFFSET/WEAR 01, and OFFSET/GEOMETRIC 01 at the top of the page. If not, you'll probably just see OFFSET 01 (01 is the page number).

If you have Tool Geometery Offsets, you store the distance from the tool tip to part zero there, and activate them with a 4-digit tool number, usually something like T0101 where the 1st pair is the turret station, and the second pair is the offset number to use. Then you'll use the wear offsets to adjust for tool wear.

If you don't have Tool Geometry Offsets, then my earilier example should work for you.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Garry,

Please disregard my earlier reference to G54-G59. I was THINKING 6M-B and TYPING 6T-B.

Tool Geometry Offsets were optional on the 6T-B. If your machine has them, you should be able to press the OFSET button several times and toggle between OFFSET/WEAR 01, and OFFSET/GEOMETRIC 01 at the top of the page. If not, you'll probably just see OFFSET 01 (01 is the page number).

If you have Tool Geometery Offsets, you store the distance from the tool tip to part zero there, and activate them with a 4-digit tool number, usually something like T0101 where the 1st pair is the turret station, and the second pair is the offset number to use. Then you'll use the wear offsets to adjust for tool wear.

If you don't have Tool Geometry Offsets, then my earilier example should work for you.

Hope this helps.

Dave
    Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.