586,201 active members*
4,095 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

toolroom knocks ;-/

hello all ,

I hear "knocks" when the machine makes circular interpolation and one of the motors ( X or Y ) change the direction , and the worst is that this leaves a visible line on surface.
    when I jog 0.001mm in one side machine moves 0.001mm , but when I change direction and jog only 0.001mm machine punch about 0.03mm and go back to right position ( about 0.002mm ) I`ve tested the backlash , I put a dial ( ?? ) on the spindle , and pushed Y table one and the other side anf there was max 2 microns ;-/

any ideas what it is ? i`m out warranty and our haas serwice is sucks 2 service man didn`t know what it is .

Knocking noise

Does the machine make this sound in the same location/position?? If so, have you checked the backlash in the location/position where the noise seems to happen?? does it seem to be coming from the X or Y axis? I once had a machine with a faulty way cover that would get jammed and when released make a small "pop" and I would sometimes get a mark on the parts. You can make a small program to move the table a few inches in one direction and back an inch or so repeating this until you get to the extent of the travel in both X and Y to see if you can see where the noise is coming from. This is how we found our problem and thankfully it was a fairly easy fix. Good luck.