586,113 active members*
3,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Stepper Sizing: G0704 Question:
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Stepper Sizing: G0704 Question:

Quote Originally Posted by kawazuki View Post
    Seriously? Cutting and twisting two wires into one isn't rocket science. If you've got to solder wires into a connector it makes no difference IMO
    Simmer down, I was obviously being cheeky.

For the G0704 and many many other uses the 570 oz stepper is the best stepper made.

At 5A and 2uH inductance it is both fast and powerful. The inductance of the 425 has much higher so at 50V will make way less power at speed. At lower speeds the 425 is OK but the 570 still makes more power.

I recommend running the 570 at 50V 4A for the X and Y and 4.5A for the Z. They makes less noise with the lower current and less heat.

I run the 570 on the Z and have never had a problem but many wanted larger so I made the Nema 34 mount standard on the 704 kit that I make. I still recommend nothing larger than the 640 oz for the Z. In many ways the 570 is still better for the Z if you only look at speed.

I have no idea why your talking about a 1600 oz stepper. The head is 60 pounds and at most you might need 200 pounds of force for normal stuff. I have found that having the mill stall and not break things in a crash is a good thing. If you clog a tool and it takes 1000 pounds of force to move a cutter through melted metal its a good time to stop it anyhow.

The 570 only comes in a 8 wire with two shafts but thats what we have if you want the 3/8" shaft.

I plan on running the 570 on the bigger IH mill just to show everyone how good its performance is. Its a great motor.
    youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Quote Originally Posted by arizonavideo View Post
    For the G0704 and many many other uses the 570 oz stepper is the best stepper made.

At 5A and 2uH inductance it is both fast and powerful. The inductance of the 425 has much higher so at 50V will make way less power at speed. At lower speeds the 425 is OK but the 570 still makes more power.

I recommend running the 570 at 50V 4A for the X and Y and 4.5A for the Z. They makes less noise with the lower current and less heat.

I run the 570 on the Z and have never had a problem but many wanted larger so I made the Nema 34 mount standard on the 704 kit that I make. I still recommend nothing larger than the 640 oz for the Z. In many ways the 570 is still better for the Z if you only look at speed.

I have no idea why your talking about a 1600 oz stepper. The head is 60 pounds and at most you might need 200 pounds of force for normal stuff. I have found that having the mill stall and not break things in a crash is a good thing. If you clog a tool and it takes 1000 pounds of force to move a cutter through melted metal its a good time to stop it anyhow.

The 570 only comes in a 8 wire with two shafts but thats what we have if you want the 3/8" shaft.

I plan on running the 570 on the bigger IH mill just to show everyone how good its performance is. Its a great motor.
    Must be a different brand or manufacture.. The ones I used in 570oz/in are these. .High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Stepper Motor | Stepper Motor Driver | CNC Router | Laser Machine | 3D Prin They're 4 wire, 3/8" on the front shaft, 1/4" on the back. Never had any issues with them. More than enough for X/Y and Z. I'm running phase 1 ACME and they have more than enough torque to handle that.
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Page 2 of 2 12