586,061 active members*
4,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Breakout Board Problem? Sync Loss in Step Jog Mode!

Breakout Board Problem? Sync Loss in Step Jog Mode!

I am at a loss and feel like I have tried almost everything to resolve a sync loss problem I keep having with my Chinese CNC router. I continue to get a sync loss error whenever I am in step jog mode and press the arrow or page up/down keys for any of the 3 axes. I need to make a touch probe but have not had time yet and instead got into the habit of switching into step jog mode to set the Z to 0 at the top of my material.

I have a LeafBoy77 USB breakout board that I guess is common on Chinese CNC Routers. Note that i can jog the machine all over the place in continuous mode and it never loses sync. Do I need to calibrate the MPG mode even though i'm using a keyboard? I have tried different USB cables including one with a ferrite choke at both ends. sometimes i can press an arrow key once or twice but no more than that before getting the sync loss error. This happens with the steppers and power supply all turned OFF as well as when they are ON. I have the latest leafboy driver found here: Leafboy77 - Home

I have tried multiple USB ports, changed a bunch of settings in general config including debounce interval to no avail. I also tried an older version of Mach 3 and older versions of the LeafBoy driver and the problem persists. Am I wrong to use the step jog to zero the z axis? I suppose i could turn down the speed in continuous mode but it takes forever clicking on those arrows to get down to 1% or whatever would be slow enough.

Re: Breakout Board Problem? Sync Loss in Step Jog Mode!

welp to whomever might be having this problem, i was told by the jcut tech that the error message is meaningless and can be ignored! might be time to invest in a real breakout board soon... i dont like getting that message and cant help but think it has something to do with drifting from 0,0,0 in between runs.