586,094 active members*
4,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Softlimits and Jog

I am wondering about the train of logic that happens when in jog mode, and the soft limit is hit. The CAMsoft CNC professional controller issues its own logic and then reads the softlimits.fil logic (if any is present). But, the stickler is, that when the softlimit is hit, then the logic in the Jog.fil gets thrown out of whack, instead of completed normally, or so it would seem.

I have reduced rates of axis movement for use in jog mode, which get reset back to standard Rapid speed when exiting jog in a normal fashion. But, in the "softlimits get hit" scenario, the Rapid speed ends up equalling the jog speed.

Here is my jog file logic. Any ideas?

~@~JOG.FIL
    'This logic gets read once when the jog icon is toggled on and once more when jog is toggled off
    IF\555=1THENGOTO :BEGINJOG
    IF\555=0THENGOTO :LEAVEJOG
    :BEGINJOG
    'saving relative position before jogging
    MACHHOME1 \50
    MACHHOME2 \51
    IF{\114+\115}<2THENGOTO :EXCEPTNOW 'skip the point save if machine is jogged during homing routine
    TOGGLE 4;ON;PTSAVED :\220=1
    LABEL2 POSITION SAVED IMMEDIATELY WHEN JOG+RET SWITCH FLIPPED ON;11
    BUTTON15 IN; CLICK HERE, MACHINE WILL MOVE TO SAVED POSITION;0
    :EXCEPTNOW
    ACCEL 1;200000 ECEL 1;200000 :RAPIDSPEED 1;10000
    ACCEL 2;200000 ECEL 2;200000 :RAPIDSPEED 2;10000 :LABEL1 JOGGING SPEEDS ENABLED :EXIT
    :LEAVEJOG
    ACCEL 1;101376 ECEL 1;153600 :RAPIDSPEED 1;\201 'jog off
    ACCEL 2;101376 ECEL 2;153600 :RAPIDSPEED 2;\202 :LABEL1 JOGGING SPEEDS CANCELLED
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

We have an answer that will get your RAPIDSPEED back to normal.

During a jog if a softlimit position is crossed the system will stop but will also abort jog and the logic running also, therefore the logic in the JOG.FIL file wouldn't finish.

There is also a SOFTLIMITS.FIL file that will run whenever a softlimit gets hit. Here you can reset RAPIDSPEEDs or any parameters back to normal.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (909) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks guys I'll look into that.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.