586,036 active members*
3,921 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC Tutorial

CNC Tutorial

Where can I find some good tutorials on how to operater a cnc?
    From drawing a design to actualy cutting it out.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

CNC Tutorial

WOW....the site above has been my holy grail, many thanks for the reply.

excellent

Hi my status bar on mack3 show it is runing to fast for pulley what must i do ROB

Increase your pulley max speed.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Here is a little workflow project that I wrote up.

KRMx01 EStop Upgrade
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

great site
    http://www.fightech.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    Here is a little workflow project that I wrote up.
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but I have one question about your workflow: is there a particular advantage to using EPS (vs DXF) as the transfer format between Corel and Cut2D?

I have many problems exporting DXF from many apps and importing them into other apps. Corel is no exception. One example of a DXF problem is that the circles are exported as polygons not true circles. I have also had scale problems when exporting DXF from corel. EPS has worked for me every time I get perfect objects.

Even exporting from corel to autocad I dont use DXF. I use DWG.
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

You can check out the Momus plans. Even if you don't build the machine there's great info from machine design to wiring and Mach3 setup, and cutting that first piece.

I have many problems exporting DXF from many apps and importing them into other apps. Corel is no exception. One example of a DXF problem is that the circles are exported as polygons not true circles. I have also had scale problems when exporting DXF from corel. EPS has worked for me every time I get perfect objects.
    Good to know. I'd noticed the circle/polygon effect but it seemed to depend on which DXF version you specified on export. (FWIW I'm using Corel X4.)

Thanks.

The xport problems have not changed much Im using X5. I think its more of a DXF issue as I have problems exporting DXF from other programs as well. I have used DXF, but its allways my last choice.

Checkout my CNC projects at:
    CNC Projects
    cheers
    Bob A

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Good to know. I'd noticed the circle/polygon effect but it seemed to depend on which DXF version you specified on export. (FWIW I'm using Corel X4.)

Thanks.
    If your software supports it, try to export to DXF lines and arcs, not DXF polylines. It also might help to use the earliest DXF expert you can find if your software supports it (R12).

I've had problems with EPS files where a certain software I used did not support line widths, and I'd end up with outlines over everything.

This is for a work flow I documented going from Corel Draw and Cut2D or Vcarve.

The only thing that work well is the process I described. Export as EPS and drop into Vcarve. Works perfect every single time.

Corel does not support arcs on exported dxf.

Corel does not support arcs on exported dxf.
    Yeah, I got fooled by the fact that everything I tried exporting had circular holes. Corel does export circles correctly (at least in 'Autocad 2007' mode), but drops back to polylines for ellipses and arcs/curves.
    Quote Originally Posted by louieateinza
    I've had problems with EPS files where a certain software I used did not support line widths, and I'd end up with outlines over everything.
    Not sure that matters with Corel, but almost everything I do is 'hairline' (zero-width) anyway, for compatibility with the laser.

Sounds like EPS is the winner...at least until the next time I upgrade software and it breaks something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazik_Wichura View Post
    great site
    Witaj Kaziu lol