586,112 active members*
3,111 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: new guy

new guy

hi peeps

just popping in to say hi, I have a new cnc router and looking for ways to use it. I have a few jobs in mind related to boats as I work in the marine trade but also I bought the machine as a fun toy as well as a business tool.
    the machine is really well built and is very rigid, the price was great too. 2500 euros delivered to the UK from Bratislava it is a Cau Cau 1000GS (600x900) and came with mach3, Cut2D, 800w HF spindle and a few tools, some router bits and basically works out of the box.
    A far better deal I think than the Chinese machines and better built too, I don't work for Cau Cau :-) check them out here Cau Cau I think I got a great deal

I'm hoping to learn a great deal on cnczone, there is one fun project I hope to do which is make a model of Peter Griffin encased in Carbonite as seen in the Family Guy Star Wars episode if anyone could help me out there that would be great .. :-)

Richard

Re: new guy

If you can find (or make) the model of Griffin, then you can download the free trial of Rhino3D and use the Drape command to encase it.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Hiya
    Thanks for that info I will look into it, i have Aspire but still learning how to use it. i've been cutting vinyl stickers for a long while so not finding it very hard .. yet :-)

I am looking at that Kompas H 1000 GS kit for our foundation at a little over 1,000 euro.
    I want to do the electric myself.
    There is a youtube video series on it by a certain 'John Ward' from the UK. It is in 8 or 9 parts.

So how is the stiffness of the machine?

Hi Richard

I appreciate its a while since you posted about your machine.

I have been researching machinery and have an interest in one fron Cau Cau but can’t find much feedback on the quality of the equipment and the service/communication standards are from the company so if you could give any guidance I would appreciate it.

I have primarily been making comparisons between Cau Cau and some of the China offerings. My perception being that the engineering from Cau Cau is a higher standard and that communication could potentially be better.

Regards

Nick.