I'm looking for any information on the Par Scientific ACD-3 MKIII CNC. This is a 3 axis milling machine used for creating foam or plastic forms for patient body support. I recently acquired one and wanted to use it for general light duty CNC work. The question I have is what protocol does it use for communicating the cutting instructions and what software I could use to drive it. I would prefer to use the existing CPU and motor drivers rather than replace the electronics. It would be easy to just remove the existing controller / motor driver electronics and drop in a g-code interpreter CPU with new motor drivers but I figured why not use the existing electronics if I could. About the only thing I've been able to find out from the manufacturers web site is that it's probably a proprietary interface / protocol because their design software claims to convert from many other formats to what's expected (and I wouldn't be able to use their software in any case since it's tailored for medical use and way too expensive.) I pulled out the CPU card and found a jumper which apparently switches between 'digimill' and 'digicut' but haven't found much info on those terms searching Google that would relate to CNC. I suspect there might be some documentation on this buried somewhere on the internet, I just haven't come up with the right search terms to find it.