Ok, time for a very long overdue update on the RF45 mill conversion.

Since my last progress update I have acquired and completely restored a 1977 Bridgeport knee mill. Even though it is a manual machine, I have been using it for most milling jobs
so the RF45 has been more or less sitting except for a couple of occasions when I really needed CNC.

Also for the past year or so my free time (and money) has been dedicated to restoring a '64 Corvair and '59 Austin Healey Sprite ...

But even with all these little diversions, the main reason I haven't used the RF45 more is because I never got it to the point where it was convenient to use. It does not have home switches, spindle is not controlled by the controller, etc. but I have slowly been gathering parts and planning how I am going to finish it.

Here are some of the things I have acquired but have yet to install.

Pneumatic draw-bar kit and TTS type tool holders.
This was generously donated by Small Shop Concepts (AKA Lcvette on the zone), I can't thank him enough!

Marathon Y522 inverter duty spindle motor.
These motors are great, 2-60Hz constant torque, 60-120Hz constant power and rated to 5400RPM!!

On order is a dual touch 22in elo touchscreen, and a 3HP Huan Yang VFD. I've always used the Automation Direct GS series drives in the past, and I really like them,
but the the price on the HY drives is right and I'm curious to see how they compare.

As of this evening I got limit switches and homing working on X and Y, I will write a more detailed post on that in the next day or so when I get a chance.

Kurt