584,319 active members*
6,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > SmoothStepper Motion Control > HELP!!! Wiring a Clearpath servo to a C32S - DUAL PORT MULTIFUNCTION BOARD

Question HELP!!! Wiring a Clearpath servo to a C32S - DUAL PORT MULTIFUNCTION BOARD

I have an Ethernet Smooth stepper with a C32S - DUAL PORT MULTIFUNCTION BOARD and a Clearpath servo motor CPM-SDSK-3432S-RLN. Need help can not figure out how to connect the 8 wires to the C32S board. Note the C32S board has RJ45 jacks (RJ45 has also 8 wires) and the Servo wire are plain wires. That's the problem I’m having I'm going to have to splice the wires together, but don’t know which wire goes with which wire. Thanks in advance.

Re: HELP!!! Wiring a Clearpath servo to a C32S - DUAL PORT MULTIFUNCTION BOARD

I think this will work based on the above pictures and the ClearPath Manual
    Attachment 347526

Thanks, I had Just tried this but it didn't work. But I found this connecter on accident. Going to give this a shot who know something could be wrong with the servo or the board.
    Attachment 347782

Did you configure the inputs on the motor with the Teknic software, and do the motors work using the Teknic software?

Post Re: HELP!!! Wiring a Clearpath servo to a C32S - DUAL PORT MULTIFUNCTION BOARD

09milam,

See attached pdf for wiring.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Jim is right, you have to configure the motor using Teknic's MSP software. You can download the software here: https://www.teknic.com/downloads/

Then just connect the USB on the back of your motor when the motor is powered. Once you're connected you can autotune, and select your step and direction mode.

Thanks guys, everything is up and running the motor is finally enabled and mach is configured. What the problem was my wiring isn't worth nothing but still learning. But having one problem with this [Move off limit switches before executing MDI Mach4] how do you fix this I have no physical switches? I'm assuming once this is solved the motors will move. Attachment 347926Attachment 347928Attachment 347930