After over three months doing models in SolidWorks I've decided to start my 2nd build.

My first was barely functional. It was a 17x17 all spruce frame. X rails are drawer slides, Y and Z are MGN12. No need to say I need an upgrade. :-D

To give you an idea:

Working in a cabinetmaking shop, I decided to work with a BB frame. This is the final design I made:

This design should give a working area of 750mm x 525mm x 120mm.

X Rails are 1000mm - 15mm profile
Y Rails are 700mm - 15 mm profile
Z Rails are 350mm - 12mm profile
Ballscrews are 16mm with 10mm pitch
Except for Z that will have a 8mm pitch acme screw with a preloaded nut. Made the design to accept a 16mm 5mm pitch ballscrew later.

For the electronic, I have GRBL or Mach compatible BOB. I might end up with Mach, but I'm woking with GRBL + bCNC since spring 2016 and frankly, it seems more than enough for a hobbyist like me. This part is the least of my concern for now.

I have 3 Nema 23 270 oz 1.6mH that will go for X1, X2 and Y
Z axis will have a 195oz 2.5mH. Don't remember the exact specs.

For the drives, I have a couple of TB6600 and an AM882. I'm going to do some testing to see where I put the AM882 but I suspect it will go on Y.

I know TB6600 are kinda crappy but it will have to do until spring when I'll have money to buy better drives.

I have several power supply 48v, 24v, 12v but I'm probably put my 48v - 10a adjusted to 40v so the TB6600 don't fry.

Since I'm most exclusively working with wood, I'm keeping my small Makita router for the time being.

That's a summary of what I'm trying to accomplish.