586,035 active members*
3,720 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Uk Haas Prices

Has anyone go any UK prices for the SL10 ,GT10 and TL15 lathes please as i know the UK prices are differant than that of the US and we get some things come as standard over here where as those in the US dont.
    Also the costs of the probing system in the UK and VDI turret??

thanks

Haas prices

Hi,
    I think a sl10 is £26K but they supply it in a package deal at the moment with swarf auger, parts catcher, floppy drive, visual quick code and manual tool presetter for £30,500. Pretty good value really.

I think a current tl15 is approx £48-55K

And they wont sell you a gt20 as they are not bringing it into the uk market, that goes for the minilathe also (both of which look great machines).

Don't know what a minilathe is? Then UK google 'haas minilathe' and there is a leftover old hidden page on the uk haas website with pictures.

Dom

IMO, Your waisting your money on a haas lathe spend teh extra 10 or 20 grand or what ever money is in the UK and get a good machine
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

?

What makes them undesireable? My instructor was thinking about getting one of their cnc mills..Do they stand up to 'commercial' usage?
    If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?

Give them Haas UK a ring or email them and let them amuse you with their pricing.

If you can get access from the UK to the page that shows the US prices (they block on non US internet addresses) you'll realise what a ripoff Haas UK are on their so called competitive pricing - especially now the exchange rate is nudging $2 to the pound.

http://www.haascnc.com/lang/content/...033#hasslefree

But you will almost certainly need to go through an anonymous proxy as it's just failed for me!

Well i have three of there mills and they are ok machines, It's the lathes i'm refering to they are to slow and not ner ridgid enough there have been several threads and post through out the zone, it all comes down to some people love them some people hate them. go int forums and go to the haas threads you should be able to get more info there. IMO they are to weak so as some one else said solve the problem buy a DAEWOO
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.