586,119 active members*
3,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

jgro design and electronics?

was looking at jgro router design

can someone explain a few things

1. what kind of Stepper Driver,and electronics do need for this design?

2. what controls tr he 3 axis, one unit or 3 controllers?

3. what sotware do u use to controll it?

4. does someone hve a detail electrical schematic for the above, how the Emergance stop wired in, are the limit stops?for the unit?

HTML Code:
    1. what kind of Stepper Driver,and electronics do need for this design?
    Drivers depend on the steppers you are using, you can purchase a kit containing most or all of what you need, like this http://www.xylotex.com/3AxSysKit.htm or this http://www.hobbycnc.com/hcncpropkg.php

HTML Code:
    2. what controls tr he 3 axis, one unit or 3 controllers?
    From what i've seen, it can be either, but most seem to go for one like the one's listed above.

HTML Code:
    3. what sotware do u use to controll it?
    You can use TurboCNC "Dos based", or Mach 2/3 "Windows based", I'm sure they might be a couple or so more, but these are the most popular, most cater towards Mach 3.

HTML Code:
    4. does someone hve a detail electrical schematic for the above, how the Emergance stop wired in, are the limit stops?for the unit?
    Well sorry I can't help you there, but if you keep looking around the zone, good chance you might find, or someone can answer that for you.

Good luck

Jordan.

eliod,
    I plan to wire my emergency stops to a Break Out Board. This board sits between the computer and the stepper motor drive board. It has input connections which can be monitored by your Mach3 software. The circuit can be a simple loop connecte to your switches in series.

It turns out that your parallel computer connection has several unused data connection pins even after you connect all your stepper motor data lines. These pins can be connected to your E-stop switches.

All your E-stop switches can be connected together in a single NC loop. If any switch opens, then the machine stops. Other input pins can be used for your home switches.

Here's a schematic http://www.kelinginc.net/KL3225wiring.pdf.

Here's a list of CNC packages offered by Keling Inc. http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCPackage.html I might just pickup the 425 in-oz version. I'm still evaluating. My first cnc was a www.hobbycnc.com and it still works great.

So to understand this, breakout box, It purpose is mainly optical buffer?
    and allow software ie Mach3 software to monitor status of servo moters and has emergance stop build in? Are all break boxes the same, im asuming there more electronics cc in the box then just break out box?

How do condtrol spindle speed ?

1. "So to understand this, breakout box, It purpose is mainly optical buffer?: I don't think so. Its purpose is to allow you to connect to any pin of a parallel port. The optical buffer is a nice thing, but it's not the primary purpose. Some BOB don't have Optical buffering.

2. "and has emergance stop build in? " No, the BOB only provides a place to make a circuit. The software decides to stop the motors.

3. "How do condtrol spindle speed ?" I don't know.