Hello,

First off, sorry if that was already covered, I have searched for the serial number of my motor and stuff, didn't come up with anything. Before I start, I want to say I have read a lot about setting up steps per [...], but I don't believe I fully understand it.

I have recently purchased this: CNC Bausatz 5 Achse Interface-Platine TB6600HG Nema23 Schrittmotor Und Endstufe | eBay

I have wired it up correctly, but the motors did not want to turn. Y axis and Z axis moved just fine, but the X axis had heavier job, it just made noise and didn't move at all. I have set them up differently in terms of micro stepping and output current from here: https://gyazo.com/b714eab779e3ae278c2fb64875fec51c and it simply didn't work.

Do you perhaps have any suggestions as to why it doesn't work?

After I didn't have any more ideas, I remembered I had older drivers (don't know the specifications, as I'm not in the workshop right now and didn't think about writing it down, sorry) - that I connected for the X axis and Y axis and surprise, surprise, it works flawlessly. That would mean that everything is wired correctly and I recall the current output for the old driver is 5.6A I think, not 5A - is that the issue here? If yes, why would they sell drivers not capable of moving stuff with their motors?

That's question number one.

Question number two is a tad more complicated. I'm obviously stuck on steps per mm, as I have always been. I have read a lot about how I should actually do it, as in, with my motor that has 1.8 degree, would be 200 * (microstepping setting) * lead screw/pinch. That last part I don't understand. Where do I check that? How do I find it?

I have them set up at 1/16 microsteps, that would mean 200 * 16 * something else, right? I should also take into consideration that it's belt driven, but *how* exactly should I account for that? Because everywhere I Found, they just wrote "you have to take into consideration that it's belt driven". Well, I do, but I don't know how I should apply it. Please guide me, explain to me how should I accomplish this, I have PTSD whenever I think about this machine.

Question number three would be a lot more complicated to explain - I have previously used the automatic steps setting feature in mach 3 - it has unfortunately failed me and I don't know why.
Let' say I have made a cambam project to cut a 50mm x 50mm square. I have then gcoded it, checked if it actually has the X=50 and what not, loaded it up to mach3 with the automatic steps done and instead of getting a 50x50mm square, I got let's say 83mmx83mm square. I have no idea why. What did I do wrong? Where could the error be?

How do I set it up so that one unit in mach 3 corresponds to actual one centimeter? Is it done through steps per mm? I think so, since changing that changes the distance traveled.

I am truly lost. I keep reading more and more, but without someone to bounce questions off I just...fail. I'm sorry to bother you guys here, but this is four months that I have done it on my own. I can't do it on my own, clearly.

I need your help, thank you for your time.

EDIT: I didn't include the motor name, that would be : Nema23 2.5Nm/354 Oz-in 57BYGH112-401A

EDIT2: To clarify, I have dismantled and reconnected the machine twice, I have swapped the working Y and Z drivers to X axis and it still didn't work. The X driver worked both on Z and Y, but Z and Y had the same issues on X axis.