586,082 active members*
3,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Problem with Sieg spindle board

Problem with Sieg spindle board

Hi everybody,
    I have some problems with the main electronic board on my SX3, not the Syil conversion kit (it works fine), but the eletronic board for spindle speed control.
    This is the second time I change this board, suddenly spindle stops during cutting (OOOH MY TOOL !!!), and the speed indicator turn to grey.
    I have made some measurement on the board, and I found the reason, it's the 5 volts which is not delivered any more.
    Nicodemus had some problem with an IC that blew up on his board some days before.
    In my case this is the second time I change the board, I can't repair it because I got no scheme and no IC information on the board.
    My SX3 is quite new, I have bought it last year and don't use it a lot up to now because I have integrated a Syil conversion kit and it take me time.
    I hope people from Sieg read this thread, because I can't use my mill, I'm not the only one who meet electronic problem, and I want them to contact me to find a solution.
    I will give you some news, good one I hope.

JF MICHEL

right now sieg and us total in holiday,and we have been infrom your we will help you to buy a main baord from sieg,don`t worry.but need after 4 days.
    OK?
    your sincerely~
    xushuo
    Syil.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Another one spindle controll problem

Hi

I am a new owner of Super x3 and I started to use this machine since last week. I am a totally beginner in the operation of such a machine and any other CNC machine and so I started slowly to use the controls by the keyboard to move the axis and then I started to load G codes. Everything was fine with what I did and I was very excited to see the movement of axis. The only wrong was that I couldn’t do anything with the spindle. The spindle could work well manually with the desired speed but NEVER by controlling from a PC. When I was switching on the PC the spindle was running to 2800rpm in PC controlled position and it was stopping after the loading of controlling software. When I was loading the G code there was an indication on the software of 1000 in the spindle speed field and 0 on the RPM field. I could here the relay when I was switching it on or off and when it was probably ON I could here a continuous noise from the board inside but I didn’t see the spindle to turn since I bought this machine in PC control position. Now I don’t know what is going wrong but when I turn on this machine the spindle is running to the max speed in both manual and PC control position while the indication in the speed indicator is 0 and I can’t do anything to stop it.

Any one knows what is finally the problem with this case?

Hi Sotos,

The spindle upgrade for the Syil Super X3 is two things:

1) A new 1:1 ratio pully cog for the motor spindle connection
    2) A daughter control board that will allow the PC to turn the motor on and off as well as control the spindle rotation speed etc.

There is a toggle switch on the front of the mill face that will put the spindle control in a "manual mode" or a "G-Code control mode".

Make sure that your "spindle control daughter board" is connected properly.

When I first got my CNC S-X3 mill from SyilAmerica, my spindle control daughter board was not connected at all and I did not know how to even use the toggle switch until I talked with Richard at SyilAmerica.com.

You might want to check your connections etc. Best of luck.

Regards,

Dan