586,058 active members*
4,023 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > VFD settings when supplying a different motor

VFD settings when supplying a different motor

Hi everyone,

From a Fuji Frenic VFD which supplies a 3 phase 440 V, 60 Hz, 25 A, 1780 rpm motor i have to connect another motor with different characteristics : 380-420 V, 50 Hz, 27.8 A, 1460 rpm.

Can somebody please tell me which are the main settings on VFD that i need to pay attention when i make this change?
    Can i set on this type of VFD ( with input line voltage of 440V 3 phase ) a different output voltage ( in my case 380V).
    Will tuning be an option for the VFD to discover the motor characteristics?

Thank you in advance for answers.

Re: VFD settings when supplying a different motor

Quote Originally Posted by bubu_bv View Post
    Hi everyone,

From a Fuji Frenic VFD which supplies a 3 phase 440 V, 60 Hz, 25 A, 1780 rpm motor i have to connect another motor with different characteristics : 380-420 V, 50 Hz, 27.8 A, 1460 rpm.

Can somebody please tell me which are the main settings on VFD that i need to pay attention when i make this change?
    Can i set on this type of VFD ( with input line voltage of 440V 3 phase ) a different output voltage ( in my case 380V).
    Will tuning be an option for the VFD to discover the motor characteristics?

Thank you in advance for answers.
    You could set the VFD to you motor voltage, amps and Hz this is within the voltage range of most VFD Drives

Normally what you put in is what you get out,
    Mactec54

thank you for your answer.
    If i supply it with 440V and make accordingly the settings to the new motor rating , VFD wil output 380V? i didn't try it so i prefer to know exactly because i don't have room for mistake.
    Thank's one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by bubu_bv View Post
    thank you for your answer.
    If i supply it with 440V and make accordingly the settings to the new motor rating , VFD wil output 380V? i didn't try it so i prefer to know exactly because i don't have room for mistake.
    Thank's one more time.
    If the VFD will let you set it to 380v then it will control that voltage, you won't be able to measure the output from the VFD with a regular meter so you won't know for sure what you are getting at the output, the only way for sure is to use a stepdown Transformer on the input supply to the VFD Drive 440v to 380v , most Ac motors have a +/- 10% voltage rating, so you most likely will be fine anyway, so just watch the temperature, this would be an indication if something is wrong
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If the VFD will let you set it to 380v then it will control that voltage, you won't be able to measure the output from the VFD with a regular meter so you won't know for sure what you are getting at the output, the only way for sure is to use a stepdown Transformer on the input supply to the VFD Drive 440v to 380v , most Ac motors have a +/- 10% voltage rating, so you most likely will be fine anyway, so just watch the temperature, this would be an indication if something is wrong
    Thankyou.It'sallclearnow