Quote Originally Posted by bowcoastie View Post
Hello Qtron,
For some reason I stopped getting updates on this thread. I'll have to check it more often. Attached are the machine translated instructions as of 11 Jan 2020. I'll have some time next week to look at it.
Bruce! Hi, so glad U still around! :wave:
Thankyou sooo much for the user manual translation.
i took note of "I recommend setting the parameter to 2-4,"

Could you please tell me what "Bonding to trimming" means?
Also, Ahem.., i got a problem houston, The test setup on the workbench reveals that most of the settings are working afaik, although the exact method of setting the limits after initial power up is a bit mysterious to me. After some switch/joystick poking, i can set them,limit leds come on anyway.
But main issue atm, is i can only get the steppers to run flat chat, regardless of pot setting, or Man mode.i double checked the Nicholai67 Adapter board (its nice, U can have one if U want it),
to ensure the rapid pull-up is present, & the rapid switch is ok.
Just now swapped out the Mega, for brand new one - No Difference (prog'd with no shield, used Arduino version IDE 1.8.10
- I implemented that motor port address problem in the code, that U referred to some time back. (Hans- Dutch guy) THANKYOU!

So the motors are responding to the various axis selected. The MPG from Amazon (black one) works well both axis, both scales.
Cone select menu works > one crosslide, X, direction. < cone, the reverse direction happens. Both motors seem to be running for a preset duration, X stops before Z. So all good there i thinks.(manual test mode).
here is the ref, btw, to the joystick chosen for testing only: https://docs.rs-online.com/5b4c/0900766b8152c2e9.pdf
This small animal has a rotary encoder built in as well! (may come in handy for other ideas).
Also,
Can U tell me what is "Pq & Ap" in settings?
Also with the indexer & its multitudinous menu selection for angles, how is the spindle controlled to do the actual indexing?
The accel /decel ramps are working too BTW.
The pot does vary the speed settings on the display.. so must be close to working!