586,912 active members*
3,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?
Page 6 of 6 456

Re: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    I just noticed that the 6" chuck for the Slant Lathe is also on "back-order". wha???
    It's been my observation over the past 30 years of being in business that when I company starts to show these signs it's usually one of two things. (1) They are swamped with new orders and sales have far exceeded their projections. This is usually only happens for a short period until purchasing can 're-adjust their stocking levels to handle the new orders. (2) The company is lacking enough cash flow and cash reserves to keep stock on the shelf. Which, if this is the case it's a shame because it actually hurts their sales because customers cannot "purchase". Let's all hope it's option #1, however, if it keeps up into the summer.... I think we have our answer.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

I have not had any issue at all in the last few months with at least a dozen orders. I live in the state though so most of the time I get my stuff the next day. In fact I just ordered a mill and the check has not even cleared yet and they are shipping me stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    It's been my observation over the past 30 years of being in business that when I company starts to show these signs it's usually one of two things. (1) They are swamped with new orders and sales have far exceeded their projections. This is usually only happens for a short period until purchasing can 're-adjust their stocking levels to handle the new orders.
    I visited the Tormach HQ last week. The place is packed with new people. Every available area is now cubicles and offices. They are super busy.

As for the Rapidturn, I was told that all the new ones are working and shipping, but everything sitting in storage and warehousing is slowly getting upgraded and fixed. They had some small QC issue that needed fixed before they shipped them all out.

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    It's been my observation over the past 30 years of being in business that when I company starts to show these signs it's usually one of two things. (1) They are swamped with new orders and sales have far exceeded their projections. This is usually only happens for a short period until purchasing can 're-adjust their stocking levels to handle the new orders. (2) The company is lacking enough cash flow and cash reserves to keep stock on the shelf. Which, if this is the case it's a shame because it actually hurts their sales because customers cannot "purchase". Let's all hope it's option #1, however, if it keeps up into the summer.... I think we have our answer.

Always a good problem to solve when demand outpaces supply! One of the better problems to focus and work on!
    ECO 101 states when demand is high and supply is low prices go up.
    Anyway I dont have much problem with my orders mostly consumer stuff and a collets, not machine parts. I admit I have no spare drives or control boards. I have a set of bearings for all the x,y,z, axis. If that problem happens then I would be dark for a while.

Page 6 of 6 456