586,071 active members*
4,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V29 having problems with planar

V29 having problems with planar

And I redrew the line drawing 2 times and it still fails in planar.
    I think it is the chain, but how to fix it? Just use line join or what? It looks fine when zooming on it.
    I just wish the software wasn't so finicky, about a small infinitesimal mismatch, that shouldn't be there anyway I did proper dimensions and snap points etc. I needed more than just a fillet so used fillet first to find the center points for a full diameter, and quick trimmed the fillets before inserting the diameter, for the under cuts. Funny thing is it seems to be just fine for extrude curve. I think they need to tune this a bit.

Also is there a way to be more specific with tool paths, like bypass the wizard stuff? I could just use the lines, I have done it before with good luck but not on this project.

Re: V29 having problems with planar

It sounds like you intended to attach a file? This would help. You have to zip your bbcd file to attach it here. Right click, send-to, compressed.....

I have had some issues with Planar in 29, not sure if anything like yours because you didnt attach a file. But using all the same parameters and same file that I use in 27, 29 will try and start the first path like 5 paths in from the edge which is way too much for the tool to handle and makes it load up and stall. Tried for hours to make it start all the way out to the edge and it just wouldn't do it. Once it made that first pass it would go back and do the others it skipped, makes no sense at all. Not been back to 29 since, not had time if it was going to cause me issues like that. Sooner or later I need to go back to it though, looks like it could have some new stuff that can help out in places that 27 cant do.

The problem ends up being, lines that may look connected that are not. So extend 2 entities can be a fix as well as correcting for double lines, and reorganizing. I don't have the software open so not sure of the steps. Support headed me in the right direction but not all the steps I discovered.