586,103 active members*
3,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > fiber laser cutitng machine can cut and engrave steel also ?

fiber laser cutitng machine can cut and engrave steel also ?

Fiber cutting machines, can cut steel and also can engrave on steel, this is right yes.
    some customer sometimes except cut steel also engrave their logo on steel, then fiber cutitng machines is best choice.,

2MMSS skype:wkquiven [email protected] whatsApp:8615698041856 - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ6T...ature=youtu.be

ok, for more newsw contact me !!

Quiven from GWEIKE laser.

[email protected]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2427.jpg   fiber cutting machine 171035.jpg  

Re: fiber laser cutitng machine can cut and engrave steel also ?

Can you please show a video of when the machine does the engraving.

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    Can you please show a video of when the machine does the engraving.
    Hi Michael,

dear the two videos, on one video there is engraving ofo ur logo GWEIKE , you watch carefully can see that ,i past the link agian :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEuT_fTEsOM

ok, hope this time yu can check and see.

Quiven from GWEIKE laser.

[email protected]

Camera is a bit far away to make out what is happening. It would be nice with some close up video of the laser doing the engraving.

Small world Michael doing a little data mining here to determine if my large format project will have the resolution needed. Thanks for doing the counterpoint on my laser posting, I do tend to over enthusiasm
    Steven

we have a fiber laser, it can engrave but fiber laser cutters engrave through vector mode and not in a raster mode like a co2 laser would..so you can basically engrave single lines but not filled areas if that makes any sense.

I have been experimenting with our fiber laser and trying to come up with a way of cheating the machine into engraving filled areas by creating art that's made up of a series of tightly packed lines that fill areas so while its exported as a vector, the machine will engrave it like a rastor...so far the results are ok but I need to tweak the spacing of the lines a bit more to get it perfect.

That should work. It's a shame you can de-focus that beam to create a wider spot and thereby increase the spacing between the lines.

its a shame no one has developed a program to get more out of a fiber lasers engraving potential..i believe that raster engraving would work to some extent but its not an option for some reason...I created filled areas made up of vector lines almost touching one another and it seems to work well so that's basically what raster engraving is...its just annoying that my fiber lasers software doesn't do it for me.

the engraving that you see in that video and what most fiber lasers are capable of, is very poor looking..the lines are extremely thin, I mean thinner than a hair and the engraving is only noticeable if you hold it the right way in the light...its by no means a deep engraving..i think epilog has a fiber laser that engraves in raster mode but its way too weak of a machine to cut metal..imo, a machine like epilog but more powerful would be an ideal fiber laser but I was unable to find one when we bought ours...aside from the ****ty engraving, the machine is amazing

Yes, lack of that functionality is annoying, especially as you have good control over the power of a fiber source. Because the beam is so narrow the scan gap would be very small. It would actually be beneficial to widen the beam optically for engraving. What software do you use? Cypcut? It's probably carried over from the days where power was all or nothing. Seem like SW development has not caught up the fiber laser capability.