Quote Originally Posted by BLshop View Post
Point here is not manufacturer / re-seller and who decided to invest much or little. Point is that in a free market business owners can adjust their price by listening to their market instead of your recommended 30% markup.

You make these broadly stroked claims about Rabbit/Boss that I doubt you have any first hand knowledge of their actual build process and relationship with their suppliers. I have actually been to China (visit cnc suppliers) and true their working standards dont compare to Western companies. But, understand companies do over come that. Its not uncommon for contracts to be enforced beforehand ensuring what's built adheres to their own innovative design specs. Western companies do this too. Buy enough product at an agreed price and they will build a lot more than their custom config. I think the key is the supplier needs to be held accountable to very specific, clear details with componentry and build quality. Given some of the long standing customer feedback with Ray's Rabbit machines and Boss (in this thread and elsewhere) there's evidence to support they're simply not the stereotypical reseller you presume.

To the contrary, you can't find a lot of user feedback about GCC on this forum or thread. You being the main contributor in the Zone it seems. Not much of anything on Google / FB either?

@Jram. Given your situation I would suggest you find out ongoing the support behind the machine. Given all the different hands that will run it you probably benefit from timely tech support and replacement parts.
OK, on your 4 points:

1. They should sell as high as they can because this is how the free market works - Yes, I agree. I don’t know how smart this is in long term, but I don’t blame them for trying. I have hard time understanding the people who buy from them.

2. Their own innovative design specs - Very interesting. Could you please introduce us to these innovative specs that set them apart form the other Chinese machines?

3. You can’t find a lot of user feedback about GCC - And this leads you to the conclusion that GCC must be inferior to Rabbit??? Seriously?

4. You being the main GCC contributor in the Zone - That's not true. I learned about this brand here in this forum from other members who own GCC machines. I wouldn’t recommend them for RF or Fiber machines but I believe currently they make the best glass tube machines in the 8-10K range.

Little history - They use to make only high-end RF machines in the spec. and price range of Trotec, ULS and Epilog. Few years ago they extended their line with configurations equipped with more affordable glass tubes. But even for their aggressively priced glass-tube configurations they use similar advanced systems as for the high-end models. As far I know they are the only brand that has a standard configuration combining expensive analog DC SERVO with a glass tube. Even Epilog and Trotec use steppers for their entry-lvl machines. Unlike most Chinese machines (and those sold by Boss and Rabbit), GCC develops for many years their own proprietary software optimized for their specific machines and configurations. I cant stress enough how important that is. In general they sell to more demanding clients who would need reliable top quality equipment and are unwilling to take the risks associated with the low-cost Chinese machines.

All in all, we are talking about different class machines that should not be compared. The fact that they sell on the same price is incredible. Of course this is not because GCC sells cheap but because re-sellers like Rabbit overcharge greatly.