587,495 active members*
2,986 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

In the Modbus message is the 3 string test as I explained in post#7 and will always set frequency 0 no matter what your RPM is set at on startup. Once you hit OK on Connection window the polling begins and if your RPM is below 1000rpm it will Stop communication and won't send anymore strings(Multiple Registers). I also explained this in post #7.

I would appreciate if you try setting your RPM above 1000rpm on start up and confirm your problem went away.

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    In the Modbus message is the 3 string test as I explained in post#7 and will always set frequency 0 no matter what your RPM is set at on startup. Once you hit OK on Connection window the polling begins and if your RPM is below 1000rpm it will Stop communication and won't send anymore strings(Multiple Registers). I also explained this in post #7.

I would appreciate if you try setting your RPM above 1000rpm on start up and confirm your problem went away.

Thanks,
    Dan
    OK, I will set Spindle minimum velocity in UCCNC Spindle configuration window to more than 1k. I guess that's what you mean by saying "If your RPM is set below 1000rpm it wont set frequency, and in Multiple Reisters (lol) it wont send a string." I thought you meant the RPM in SSet, which is set by the S command. Was not clear for me, sorry. Will get back with the results in a few hours time.

What about Single Register mode? In that case the spindle speed is not sent at start, polling works and if I set the SS to anything, it is never sent, though the polling continues. Does this mean that you look at the minimum spindle speed setting of UCCNC config and not the actual spindle speed?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    What about Single Register mode? In that case the spindle speed is not sent at start, polling works and if I set the SS to anything, it is never sent, though the polling continues. Does this mean that you look at the minimum spindle speed setting of UCCNC config and not the actual spindle speed?
    In single register it also won't set a frequency , on start the plugin is reading your Sset field and will set that frequency if its 1000 or above.

In single register it also won't set a frequency , on start the plugin is reading your Sset field and will set that frequency if its 1000 or above.
    OK, will try later tonight and get back.

OK, will try later tonight and get back.

When you find time try this one I removed the 1000rpm limit and test>>>>>>>>>>Attachment 354138

When you find time try this one I removed the 1000rpm limit and test>>>>>>>>>>Attachment 354138
    Will have the results in a few minutes. In the meantime, the one you posted in #8 is not working. The bps is OK, but the rest is the same. Have tried with minimum rpm 1000 and also 8000, just in case... but the results are as before.

Edit:

OK, now tested this one as well. Sorry, but no champagne yet...

Multiple register writing mode:

Now it seems that polling starts and is going on normally as in the single register mode before, but the spindle speed sent remains zero, even though I configured the minimum to 1000 and also tested with 8000.

Single register writing mode:

Now even the frequency is sent, but only four zeros, so even here we still have a problem, probably the same.

BTW, I am using UCCNC 1.2032 but I should not think this is a problem.

Will have the results in a few minutes. In the meantime, the one you posted in #8 is not working. The bps is OK, but the rest is the same. Have tried with minimum rpm 1000 and also 8000, just in case... but the results are as before.

Edit:

OK, now tested this one as well. Sorry, but no champagne yet...

Multiple register writing mode:

Now it seems that polling starts and is going on normally as in the single register mode before, but the spindle speed sent remains zero, even though I configured the minimum to 1000 and also tested with 8000.

Single register writing mode:

Now even the frequency is sent, but only four zeros, so even here we still have a problem, probably the same.

BTW, I am using UCCNC 1.2032 but I should not think this is a problem.
    WOW, never expected to read this, this makes no sense. The only other possible cause would be a cultureinfo problem that's been addressed and tested.

Please try this version I uploaded, I appreciate your time.

>>>>>>>>>>>Attachment 354172

Thanks,
    Dan