I am completely new to CNC. I'm trying to do some woodworking milling with a desktop CNC router I bought. My goal is to use it to cut simple puzzle pieces with the reproducibility of CNC.

I cannot for the life of me find any good resources for education on how to do what I originally thought to be a simple task, and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I've downloaded and experimented with Sketchup, to some success. I've drawn a circle, and got my milling program to "cut" it, without any bits in it, just to see if it would do anything. My problem is that the mill wants to start the cutting toolpath out of the physical bounds of the XY axis.

Anyway, someone suggsted Autodesk Fusion 360 because it's supposed to make the drawing, create the toolpaths, and cut, all in one program. My router also came with Art Cam 2007, which I was liking, but it would not generate toolpaths for me, kept go ing up with error messages that weren't in plain English.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to learn how to cut simple puzzles? Thanks a bunch. Again, I'm completely new to CNC, and this forum. Thanks.