Hey Guys, sorry to make my first post a "help me solve this" but I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and reading and haven't been able to solve this problem.

Setup:
Microproto Micromill 2000
Gecko G540 Driver
1/2 - 20 lead screws
XP PC running Mach3
PSU: 48v 7.3a
200oz-in steppers
Velocity 30ipm
Accel 5

Issue:

Video

I am having issues with the steppers stalling during a multi axis rapid. The issue first presented itself on a ZXY rapid from home to a location above the part. It does not happen while using any single axis. It seems to happen only when engaging a second axis rapid about a half a second after the first. The problem does get mitigated at lower speeds (10-15 IPM) but is present with most acceleration values above 1. When it occurs I loose steps and the part will be off by that value. In general at cutting speeds of 10IPM or so I never see the issue.

Troubleshooting:

-I measured voltage and amperage from the PSU to the Gecko and got 2amps at full rapid on all three axis. When the issue occurs there is no change in voltage from the PSU to the Gecko. This leads me to believe that the PSU is not the issue and that the driver is getting enough power.

-I tore down the ways and lead screw nuts and adjusted everything. XYZ all move smoothly by hand. I don't think it's mechanically binding causing the steppers to skip.

-I changed the parallel port mode to EPP per Gecko's instructions. The computer has no network connection or any programs running aside from Mach3. I ran the communications test in Mach3 and the computer gets good results. I have turned on the sherline mode as well with no change. So it looks like the PC is not the issue and the Gecko drive isn't suffering from the Xilinx CPLD issue.

Conclusion:

I can run the machine as is with settings at 15ipm and 5 accel but I am loosing a ton of capability from the machine. The only thing I can think of to check is measuring voltage from the individual steppers to see what happens when the skipping occurs. The issue there is that it happens on all three steppers; I doubt they are all cooked.

Anyone have any ideas or things to further troubleshoot? Let me know if I forgot any details.

Thanks!