586,105 active members*
3,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Searching for the perfect dust collector

View Poll Results: Which is your preference of dust collector for CNC?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shopsabre

0 0%
  • Oneida

0 0%
  • Laguna Tools

0 0%
  • Grizzly

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%

Lightbulb Searching for the perfect dust collector

Hello everyone!

I'm a production manager for manufacturing company that is planning to move from a communal wood shop to our own production warehouse. As such we realized that we need to purchase our own CNC machine. We went with the Shopsabre IS 408(not my choice) and should have it within the next week or two. However, we're having trouble pinning down the perfect dust collector system to pair to this machine.

The rep from Shopsabre recommended their own dust collector system however he wasn't forthcoming about the specs on the machine and I'm able to find suspiciously little information about it online. Has anyone had any experience(positive or negative) with hooking a Shopsabre dust collector to their equipment?

In addition I'm still on the fence about the best specs to go with for this machine. The CNC will most likely be running upwards of 30-35 hours per week and will take about 95% of the use of the dust collector. There is a strong possibility that we will also connect it to a table saw and chop saw with proper blast gates yet they will get minimal use in comparison.

We're looking for something that has a minimum of 3HP, at least 1600 CFM at 10', minimum 45 gallon drum(preferably 55 gallons), 7"-8" inlet for the hose, 1 phase or 3 phase is fine, 220V, preferably a HEPA filter and must be effective at capturing 0.2-2 microns.

We're also considering dust collectors from Oneida, Laguna Tools, and Grizzly. Any information or experience with any of these machines or something comparable is much appreciated. Thank you all for your reading and happy CNCing!

Re: Searching for the perfect dust collector

Anyone needs IKO, NSK, THK, TBI, CPC, PMI, CSK, STAF, ABBA, HIWIN, SCHNEEBERGER linear guides ball screws supplier/exporter
    Here I am.
    And I can help send goods to your office via DHL/TNT/UPS/FedEx, etc.

Regards,
    Andy Lee