586,094 active members*
3,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > Questions -saving files in sequence/creating new models

Questions -saving files in sequence/creating new models

Hi all, new to ARTCAM...hopiong you can help me. Main questions I have are:

When creating a new model and loading the relief from previous file, it reads "ARTCAM PRO - (untitled) - [2DView:0]. The only vectors that transfer are border vectors around new blank size...why?

2.) When creating a new model, I can transfer a previous 2D ARTCAM drawing, but, if i want to enlarge or reduce the overall size without changing proportions, I can't - why not?

thanks so much for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by When creating a new model and loading the relief from previous file, it reads "ARTCAM PRO - (untitled) - [2DView:0
    . The only vectors that transfer are border vectors around new blank size...why?
    I think thats because a relief (.rlf) is a gray scale image. Which uses varying shades of color to define the hight of the relief. You can view it as a bitmap image after you paste it to the file. The vector boarder is mainly a guide for placement while pasting and for cutting the profile.

"When creating a new model, I can transfer a previous 2D ARTCAM drawing, but, if i want to enlarge or reduce the overall size without changing proportions, I can't - why not?"

I'm kind of confussed on this one. :cheers: Seems to me the proportions would have to change. Your 2D vector image is getting bigger or smaller depending. Maybe I'm not reading your question right:wee:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bit map layer.jpg  

Thanks so much Todd!