586,116 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Hooking up a Cutmaster 101 to a Torchmate controller?

Hooking up a Cutmaster 101 to a Torchmate controller?

On my new Cutmaster 101, there is an Amphenol connector on the power supply end of the torch cable. The machine came with a remote pendant control, basically a hand torch with only the switch. It has a three wire cable and only uses two of them, black and white, the green is not used. Can I use this connection along with the wire to hook into the Torchmate plasma interface to fire the torch?

Thanks in advance!
    Bob

Short answer is yes, you will just need to connect the Black and White wire to the Plasma Interface in some form or fashion. There is a connector that you can purchase that has a remote trigger on it where you can open it up and take the black and white wire from that (Part # 7-3460) to hook to your Plasma Interface. However most people will either chop off the connector and hook straight onto the cables, or come off the pins themselves.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Thanks Mike. The plasma cutter came with that remote switch (Part # 7-3460), so that's what I was thinking was to just remove the switch end and hook that directly to the plasma interface, but I wanted to be sure that was correct first.

Thanks again!
    Bob

Catalog number 7-3447 is an adapter that will mate up with the receptical coming out of your torch. It has two wires coming out of it that can be spliced to your control wires. Thus you still are able to disconnect the control cable if necessary.

Since I don't need the remote switch that came with it (Part # 7-3460), I just disconnected the wires from the button and used that. 25' of cable with the Amphenol already on it, so i don't need to by anything.