586,106 active members*
3,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hardware Sources

I found another source for very usefull hardware, free catalogue and no minimum order quantity.
    www.misumiamerica.com
    Al

I just recieved the free Mitsumiamerica catalogue, very impresive (1500 pages), there is a section on ball screw selection and a whole lot of Aluminum extrusion. There is also a whole raft of tables, conversions & formulae. Its worth the price!.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Lucky you here in europe there isn't that kind of sellers, and if exist they normally only sell big volume. About a month ago I sent an email to bosch-rexroth in Spain asking for their extrusions and I am still waiting a response.. I suppose that hobby is not of their interest

/U

When im dealing with big companies, I usually "spice-up" my position to get them to take me seriousely. If im designing a machine for inhouse use - like my vacuum former for my business, then I tell suppliers "I am developing production equipment and need a few engineering samples - we are evaluating you and (their biggest competitor)"
    If im working on a school project: "I am involved in a senior level reearch project and our budget is frozen. crybaby story here. please help education"

etc. etc. dont approach a company used to doing things in the millions and say "i know im just a hobbiest..." instead say "i am doing an inital round of prototype construction and need either a sample or favorable rates"

these companies know that R&D efforts can sometimes need to evaluate lots of parts - and they know how important it is to get their parts in new machine designs.

Hopefully this helps.
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

If it's cheaper extrusion your after try........
    www.itemamerica.com
    they sell all sorts of acessories for building "ways" and axis systems, plus the details they give on the exploded diagrams of how their parts are assembled can get the creative juices going.....
    menomana

You say cheaper? Less than 80/20? It looks just as good... What do you know about this company? If only i Had some $$$!
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

We used to use bosch, but they cost too much, I think I got a price list (canadian$) I'll try and dig it out.
    menomana

Im sorry vacpress, seems i've lost the price list, I can probably get another in a day or two? Their stuff is just as nice as Bosch.
    menomana

Al...
    Thanks for the tip...just got my MISUMI catalog today!...Hopefully, other than outright purchases, I can also use this to make informed bids when similar items appear on e-bay.
    Shoptask rebuild:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139
    Home built gantry router:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5049